Wyoming general season elk tags

tdhanses

WKR
Yep. Didn’t want to apply for a LE tag and possibly not draw and then be up against the 90/10 if it goes through. Figured I’d burn them up and go hunt.
You probably could have got someone to cover your tag fee or half of it to tag on to your points and guarantee they draw as well.

4.1 is my guess. That .1 puts you in a whole other bracket than people with 4 even.

I think you should apply for a general license this year in the special draw and go hunt. The quality of hunting in general areas is good enough to outweigh waiting for anything else.

I really hope you are right about this. We are going to be averaging 4.5 and I am still nervous about drawing

Mojave

WKR
Not a chance. Maybe in 2025. Would you like to bet money on that?

Look at odds for the past several years. It never jumps that much.
Even Newburgh has said it’s gonna be more than people think this year I think it’s gonna be 6-8

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
Even Newburgh has said it’s gonna be more than people think this year I think it’s gonna be 6-8
Newberg is fear mongering, that video he put out was ridiculous. Burned his points last year doesn’t impact him in any way by scaring people saying the world of Wyoming hunting is coming to an end.

Last edited:

cgasner1

WKR
I’m to far gone to settle now I’ll ride the storm out and get the tag I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newburgh is fear mongering, that video he put out was ridiculous.
The fear mongering in general is crazy from the influencers. With WY especially, they talk about proposed changes as if they’re already approved. The number of guys I run into that think 90/10 is approved for elk is crazy. We’ll see about some of the other proposed changes. Definitely good to plan ahead but approved is approved, proposed is not.

wapitibob

WKR
Newberg is fear mongering, that video he put out was ridiculous. Burned his points last year doesn’t impact him in any way by scaring people saying the world of Wyoming hunting is coming to an end.
forums are full of people thinking it'll take 6+
history shows they're wrong

Mojave

WKR
forums are full of people thinking it'll take 6+
history shows they're wrong
History only proves history.

It does not forcast the future.

I have been burned by Wyoming and Gohunt on antelope about 5 times. Last year it took 9.5 and I had 9 and only 1/3rd of the people with 9 got a tag.

Do not mistake the history of the draws with the future of the draws.

There are also draws that happen to reverse. I drew an elk tag that should have taken more than the forcasted amount a couple years ago.

OLoDUeQ.jpg