Wyoming elk preference points

Getting emails from Wyoming game and fish reminding me about NR preference points . July 1st- October 31st. Gonna wait until last minute before seeing how things shake before and if I send cash. Anyone know when we will find out if some of these proposals become law ?

OP
G
I wipe my hind end with 50$''s . Lol. It's the ideas of feeding them cash for 5-6 years and waiting on a general tag that's more than likely gonna go up substantially in price (point price will go up as well). Honestly, the wait/time increase is most concerning to me . We will see ??

AMZddog

FNG
I always buy because $50 isn’t the problem. It’s all the years of the $50 adding up and then realizing you spent $500 just for all the points to disappear if you don’t put in lol

If 90/10 with outfitter draw passes the value of these points will decrease significantly as gen tag point creep skyrockets. That said I’ll prob keep buying points anyways just to stay in the game.

Wheels

WKR
Already bought mine, too many years invested to quit now. Going to cash them in next year (hopefully).

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
I always buy because $50 isn’t the problem. It’s all the years of the $50 adding up and then realizing you spent $500 just for all the points to disappear if you don’t put in lol
Question - do the points disappear after a certain # of years for NR? My understanding is if you fail to buy a preference point for 2 consecutive years they’re gone - but I’m wondering if you buy & buy points every year, do you eventually lose them all after a certain # of years? Confusing

Laramie

WKR
Question - do the points disappear after a certain # of years for NR? My understanding is if you fail to buy a preference point for 2 consecutive years they’re gone - but I’m wondering if you buy & buy points every year, do you eventually lose them all after a certain # of years? Confusing
You only lose points if you draw your first choice tag or you fail to buy or apply for 2 consecutive years.

People need to plan on it taking 10+ years if they are just starting to buy points.

Jethro

WKR
No you don't lose them after certain amount of time if you buy one every year.

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
You only lose points if you draw your first choice tag or you fail to buy or apply for 2 consecutive years.

People need to plan on it taking 10+ years if they are just starting to buy points.
Thanks for that my friend !