Wyoming Draw Results

TXCO

WKR
My dad and I drew. It will be our first hunt in Wyoming after hunting every state bordering it.

BigDog00

WKR
I have a question for those that put for the special general tag. I'm a resident but my dad is not. We put him in as a retirement/birthday gift with no points and after looking at the odds I didn't expect him to draw. I figured it was a long shot even in the special draw. Well he ended up drawing the tag. I have seen where others didn't draw and had preference points. I guess I'm confused how this could happen.

robtattoo

WKR
Because it's basically still a lottery. Whether you have one ticket or a hundred. You still have a one-ticket chance of winning.

LostArra

WKR
I have a question for those that put for the special general tag. I'm a resident but my dad is not. We put him in as a retirement/birthday gift with no points and after looking at the odds I didn't expect him to draw. I figured it was a long shot even in the special draw. Well he ended up drawing the tag. I have seen where others didn't draw and had preference points. I guess I'm confused how this could happen.

A certain percentage of tags are issued in a random draw that is separate from preference points. (Everyone is included regardless of points).

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
Drew a unit 39(Bighorns) type 9 with 1 point in the regular draw. I believe I will have a whiskey to celebrate:)

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
I guess left over tags is my only shot

First year I have applied so not entirely sure how this works, but how are there leftover tags available if there were unsuccessful entries? Seriously not trying to be a smarta$$, just ignorant to how that works.

WKR
Less desirable units, late season cow tags, Archery only tags... Those will be the leftover tags.

Todai16

FNG
Holy Connolly, I drew! Woohoo...I drew a tag. My first time NR GEN tag! So cool and excited! Well, I guess GEN tags are easy to draw? Not sure but I'm so excited, I can't wait.

wapitibob

WKR
So much for waptibob's claims that you can draw a GEN tag as a second choice in the special draw. Now it's not a 100% draw with 0 points. It takes 2 PP to draw a GEN in the regular draw.

If you read my posts you would know that special gen was 50% last year as a 2nd choice and the odds for 2016 were going to be less.

1st choice Special gen this year was 39 tags short of 100% down thru 0 points. Consequently, 2nd choice was 0%.

Last edited:

Cledus

WKR
What are the chances of there being leftover archery only tags? And how quickly does one need to be ready to buy them? If I can't get a bull tag I would still be stoked to get my hands on a cow tag so I can just experience the elk woods.

wapitibob

WKR
I didn't save last years list but there were a few in 2014. You will need to be quick, as in if you want one, practice....

Cledus

WKR
Okay, I will def. be ready to pick one up asap when available. Do you just buy them off the website?

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
So much for waptibob's claims that you can draw a GEN tag as a second choice in the special draw. Now it's not a 100% draw with 0 points. It takes 2 PP to draw a GEN in the regular draw.

WapitiBob understands the Western draw better than just about anyone out there, so go easy. Point creep has been unbelievable the last two years. I drew with one point this year, 8% odds so it does not take 2 points. Your odds are actually better in the random draw with 14% odds.