Wyoming Draw Results

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I drew General with one point regular fee. There aren't check refunds this year, it goes back to your card for the most part.

robtattoo

WKR
If the leftovers are anything like antelope, you need to have the tag you want in your cart & ready to pay for before purchase time opens.
The minute the clock hits 9am, hit 'Purchase' You'll be astounded how quickly they go. Even if you hit it right as as the clock turns, don't be disappointed if you don't get it. Outfitters & agents go nuts buying leftovers.

robtattoo

WKR
A couple of years ago, 4 of us made a coordinated effort for leftover unit 89 speed goat tags. A conference call had us all simultaneously hit the 'buy' button at 9am. Out of the 82 tags, we got exactly none.

Cledus

WKR
So will there be a list of what is leftover available before they are available to be purchased?

LaHunter

WKR
No elk tag for me this year in WY. Last year, it was 100% draw odds in the unit that I applied in, with the points I had going into the draw. This year it was something like 35% or 36%. The demand keeps going up more and more each year.

Mmomn

Lil-Rokslider
Drew a unit 39(Bighorns) type 9 with 1 point in the regular draw. I believe I will have a whiskey to celebrate:)
There were only two random draw tags available. One regular and one special. I drew the same tag but your tag was cheaper. I'm not going to complain!

34-1 for me and a partner from new Brunswick Canada with 2.5 points. Barely any creep in that unit as long as you sucked it up and paid for the Special. He guided for me in Montana for several years and set me up with bear hunting where he lives so it's my pleasure to return the favor. It's been several years since I saw him and his dad so a pretty cool reunion hunt.

This is from my last trip to the Cowboy State in a general unit. Last trip out. Whew!

Attachments

• Packin elk.jpg
    Packin elk.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 77

hunt1up

WKR
My buddy and I drew unit 11-9. We group applied with 5.5 in the special draw and it took 6 points to draw. Apparently we grabbed the single random tag and they overissued to fill our application. Looks like we had roughly 5.5% odds in the random. Just got lucky.

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
Stupid question I'm sure, but if you draw a specific unit are you allowed to meander over to hunt general units? I wouldn't think so, but wanted to get it clarified by those "in the know".

Thanks in advance.

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
Is the fact the PP system is still fairly new (many still have max points) the reason for points creep? In other words once all the max point holders get tags will it get better? Or is it more of a demand thing? It seem points creep really jumped this year which maybe guys burning points for many of the high demand units now? Or is the general tag creep the fact they guys that already burned points are not going to accumulate them again?

NoWiser

WKR
Point creep is not going to get any better. There are a lot with one less than max points waiting for their turn when the max points guys finally draw out. And then even more with one less than those guys. You only need to look at Colorado which, even after 20+ years, still hasn't seen an end to point creep.

I think as people realize how hopeless it is to go after the top tags, they'll settle for the mid-tier units, increasing point creep there. Once they draw those, they'll switch gears and hunt on a general tag, increasing the points needed to draw that. I could easily see it taking 3-4 points to draw a regular general tag in the not-so-distant future.

Ill buy a point again this year and put in for a special draw elk next year. 2 pts and the special "jack me fee" may get me something eh??

My buddy drew the Bighorns (45) which I did last year so now I get to tag along and just call for him. I think I'm more excited than he is! We plan to backpack in this time!