Wyoming Antelope .243

Over the last week I shot 2 bucks and a doe with a .243 Tikka shooting Winchester Ballistic Silvertips with shots from 150-300 Yards. Not one of them went more than 15 yards. Have fun and try not to shoot the first one you see!

Wife and I are headed to Wyoming tomorrow for our first Antelope hunt. We're both shooting a 243 with 97 grn Browning BXR's. If they do nearly the damage to an antelope that they do to a Blacktail it should be a great trip!!!

The 243 is IMO highly underrated by many. I love mine and 105gr bullets are devastating on game!

I can now confirm this. One shot at 200yds with a 105gr Hornady hpbt dropped my antelope in its tracks. My buddy's ran a few hundred yards after being hit with a 7mag! I'm sure that is because the 7mag was shooting all copper bullets though.

I can now confirm this. One shot at 200yds with a 105gr Hornady hpbt dropped my antelope in its tracks. My buddy's ran a few hundred yards after being hit with a 7mag! I'm sure that is because the 7mag was shooting all copper bullets though.

Yep. That little gun is deadly! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back