Wyoming 90/10 for elk

As far as 90/10 I've already submitted my comment in Full support of the outfitter & landowner transferable/sellable tags as well
If buzz is against it I'm 100% All for it
My father in law owns a ranch in Wyoming
Transferrable tage would be awesome
We already hunt Colorado on landowner tags every year for mule deer/elk it would be great to be able to hunt my father inlaws place every year like we do colorado

They're not all whackos met some decent people in in both places your gonna need non residents dollars to help pay for your new furry four legged
Elk control and livestock damage reimbursement fund..
Grizzlies will be next it's already being worked on language is being drafted support being recruited ballot intiative being considered
I live in Denver I know we're not all whackos...but I also in know how this state works. I worked for the Gov office for 5 yrs...I'm not saying we don't need NR money. I'm saying if there was a state that could survive without it. It be Colorado. People would totally agree for a tax increase here if it came down to wildlife and nature. Plus we have a far more stimulated economy in the MTN towns now then 20 yrs ago. But I love people that don't live here or out west telling us how it is. You don't sit on i70 traffic every weekend and now 285 traffic.. finding a camping spot is hard now. They could easily stimulate more money and I'm sure they plan on it.

For the record I'm all for NR dollars. But management should come first. In Colorado its backwards.

I live in Denver I know we're not all whackos...but I also in know how this state works. I worked for the Gov office for 5 yrs...I'm not saying we don't need NR money. I'm saying if there was a state that could survive without it. It be Colorado. People would totally agree for a tax increase here if it came down to wildlife and nature. Plus we have a far more stimulated economy in the MTN towns now then 20 yrs ago. But I love people that don't live here or out west telling us how it is. You don't sit on i70 traffic every weekend and now 285 traffic.. finding a camping spot is hard now. They could easily stimulate more money and I'm sure they plan on it.

For the record I'm all for NR dollars. But management should come first. In Colorado its backwards.
Iived in Denver & Colorado for a few yes I'm well aware of i70 traffic and the issues facing Colorado
My father in-law owns a ranch in Wyoming
My daughter in-law and her husband own a large ranch in steamboat springs that we hunt every year on land owner tags/ vouchers so i may not live there but I'm well aware of colorados issues as they keep us well informed

And I DO live out west I've been a resident of MONTANA for 38+ yrs (but this will be our final year as we just bought a place in west Virginia )

And I DO live out west I've been a resident of MONTANA for 38+ yrs (but this will be our final year as we just bought a place in west Virginia )
Don't blame you for moving there. It's peaceful and beautiful. Plus you'll have more elk then we will in 10 yrs.

I'm glad you got family out here and there are parts of the Wyoming bill I'm ok with. I to would like transferable vouchers. My family has been in Wyoming over a 100yrs. Be helpful. My biggest complaints about all these rule changes in the west is it's all about greed not management. It's typical politics. Take the wolf introduction in Colorado. The biologist we're all against it but political groups got involved with an agenda and they won cause they knew that voters would eat anything up that sounded like benefits to wildlife.

Don't blame you for moving there. It's peaceful and beautiful. Plus you'll have more elk then we will in 10 yrs.

I'm glad you got family out here and there are parts of the Wyoming bill I'm ok with. I to would like transferable vouchers. My family has been in Wyoming over a 100yrs. Be helpful. My biggest complaints about all these rule changes in the west is it's all about greed not management. It's typical politics. Take the wolf introduction in Colorado. The biologist we're all against it but political groups got involved with an agenda and they won cause they knew that voters would eat anything up that sounded like benefits to wildlife.
30% cheaper cost of living generous deer season
(Up to 8 if you hunt bow rifle muzzy and anterless) land owners don't need licences as long as they hunt their own property (ours is 435+/- acres, tremendous waterfowl hunting (our second passion and great upland , better weather the west has lost it's appeal after 38 yrs
Like you said hunting out west is becomeing politics /greed /money it's now a what's in it for me what I gain game ,no thanks don't need it
Won't play it

(Up to 8 if you hunt bow rifle muzzy and anterless) land owners don't need licences as long as they hunt their own property (ours is 435+/- acres, tremendous waterfowl hunting (our second passion and great upland , better weather the west has lost it's appeal after 38 yrs
Like you said hunting out west is becomeing politics /greed /money it's now a what's in it for me what I gain game ,no thanks don't need it
Won't play it
100%... I bought 400 acres in VA where they reintroduced the elk about 10 yrs ago with some family members. I feel like I may end up there. The hunting is way better and more plentiful..granted different. But you got variety and it's cheap! Definitely envious of your move. I can only hope things change here. But not looking good at all

100%... I bought 400 acres in VA where they reintroduced the elk about 10 yrs ago with some family members. I feel like I may end up there. The hunting is way better and more plentiful..granted different. But you got variety and it's cheap! Definitely envious of your move. I can only hope things change here. But not looking good at all
If it wasn't for having to wait for our log home to be built id be there now but it's a custom build so we are at the mercy of the contractor and materials we will be there in August for some walleye fishing and check up on how progress on our home is coming

Fatcamp

WKR
As far as 90/10 I've already submitted my comment in Full support of the outfitter & landowner transferable/sellable tags as well
If buzz is against it I'm 100% All for it
My father in law owns a ranch in Wyoming
Transferrable tage would be awesome
We already hunt Colorado on landowner tags every year for mule deer/elk it would be great to be able to hunt my father inlaws place every year like we do colorado
Won't play it

Interesting take. From my point of view transferable/guide tags are the definition of "politics/greed/money" in hunting.

Never said It wasn't but hey if it benifits ranchers who provide habitat and feed for big game ,gives me a tag to hunt my father in laws ranh every year ,Pisses off buzz I 'm all for it he'll make it 100% outfitter land owner only non resident hunting I won't lose sleep over it
Buzz and his crew started this with his 90/10 crap so he could get another moose/sheep/goat tag so he could gloat/brag now it's time to return the same kick in the b****s he gave non residents.with his 90/10 stance

FlyGuy

WKR
[QUOTE="mossyoak52
Won't play it[/QUOTE]

I find it interesting that you make this statement after opening with “I just put in my full support for the 90/5/5” b/c it meant that YOU could get a tag every year b/c of a brother-in-law deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wapitibob

WKR
Never said It wasn't but hey if it benifits ranchers who provide habitat and feed for big game ,gives me a tag to hunt my father in laws ranh every year ,Pisses off buzz I 'm all for it he'll make it 100% outfitter land owner only non resident hunting I won't lose sleep over it
Buzz and his crew started this with his 90/10 crap so he could get another moose/sheep/goat tag so he could gloat/brag now it's time to return the same kick in the b****s he gave non residents.with his 90/10 stance

You clearly haven't figured out how all this will work for a resident diy hunter. And Buzz drew his 2nd Moose this year, 90/10 had no affect.

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
That's BS Buzz. I'm a non resident. I don't apply for the big five very often. I honestly don't have an issue with the big 5 going 90 10 but I did have sympathy for nonresidents heavily invested in a point system to get the rug yanked.
That all being said I sure as hell didn't support whomever Kyle mesner is especially if he has anything to do with WOGA the group that keeps me out of the wilderness in wyoming "for my own good" I didn't get the option of being asked if I want to be represented by him or WOGA

Your post reads of crooked politics backdoor deals etc and your angle is Nonresidents are getting what we deserve....thats bullshit and you know it.
I couldn’t agree more. Buzz is just trying to blame this chit on the NR. We all know the greedy WY Resident hunters, and senators, would have ended up with 90/10 on their own with or without Kyle and/or WOGA. He’s just trying to spin it to blame it on the NR. The NR didnt “poke the bear” on the big 5 and that went 90/10. It’s just a matter of greedy progression.

Last edited:
You clearly haven't figured out how all this will work for a resident diy hunter. And Buzz drew his 2nd Moose this year, 90/10 had no affect.
i truly don't care what happens to the residents you didn't seem to give 2 chits when you paraded and pushed 90/10 and told non residence we should be thankful for the crumbs '
and yes his second permit was a direct result of 90/10 we will agree to disagree have a good day

i hope it locks up every ranch in wyoming to pay to play/outfitters and destroys access yes
maybe if it does the residents will sit back and finally admit pushing 90/10 wasn't such a good idea and they should have just left it as is but your greed got the best of you and now if i can help the outfitters /land owners push this through ill do what ever i can and spend whatever i have to you can count on it

Bighorner

WKR
i hope it locks up every ranch in wyoming to pay to play/outfitters and destroys access yes
maybe if it does the residents will sit back and finally admit pushing 90/10 wasn't such a good idea and they should have just left it as is but your greed got the best of you and now if i can help the outfitters /land owners push this through ill do what ever i can and spend whatever i have to you can count on it

The vast majority of ranchers are already locked up. People that do provide access do it for reasons other than dollars, but thank for the hate. Good luck swinging this vote if you couldn't do it for 90/10 on the big 5. Where exactly are going to throw that money to get this pushed through?

Empty threats.