Wyoming 90/10 for elk

This just came in the mail today. Can we wait on the boycott before rolling out the red carpet in Montana until next year so I can get out of there first. Lol
20220531_183015.jpg

Besides, Idaho, new mexico, nevada, montana and now wyoming, what other states have some type of "outfitter welfare" going on?

I don't hunt out of state enough to pay attention to all the other states programs.
Don’t forget Maine moose. Just bought their corrupt politician last year.

Attachments

• 2C7A508F-A4A8-49ED-A9E4-90AC0EE37494.jpeg
    2C7A508F-A4A8-49ED-A9E4-90AC0EE37494.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 55
On a different note this would be a really good time for Montana to put a non resident welcome mat at the front door in some way shape or form. The Let MT Help You Boycott Wyoming Promo
I think they did last year it worked so good that wyoming is trying to create the same program.....haha jk this is a terrible idea hopefully the outfitter pool doesn't make it far

Jesus the “boomer” stereotype is the gift that keeps on giving.

Yes younger generations have less desire to use an outfitter. A big part of that is because we have technology and access to information the older generation didn’t have.

It’s a fact, not a personal insult.
Love the boomer reference. That i’m 20-30 years older than you - does it really matter?

As a kid, I was taught to run asmiths on maps using a compass and now also have a gps which does the same thing. DIY is fun.

In 2 or 3 years the guides will be the main opportunity to hunt WY. It will be a fact.

Love the boomer reference. That i’m 20-30 years older than you - does it really matter?

As a kid, I was taught to run asmiths on maps using a compass and now also have a gps which does the same thing. DIY is fun.

In 2 or 3 years the guides will be the main opportunity to hunt WY. It will be a fact.
Nope it doesn’t, sorry no offense meant with the boomer reference. Just so damn frustrated by this crony BS going on in WY.

Trust me I wish we could go back to the paper map and compass days sometimes. The USMC made sure I was damn proficient with them.

Jesus the “boomer” stereotype is the gift that keeps on giving.

Yes younger generations have less desire to use an outfitter. A big part of that is because we have technology and access to information the older generation didn’t have.

It’s a fact, not a personal insult.
Guess again....

Not arguing with you, apologize if it came off that way.

Nope it doesn’t, sorry no offense meant with the boomer reference. Just so damn frustrated by this crony BS going on in WY.

Trust me I wish we could go back to the paper map and compass days sometimes. The USMC made sure I was damn proficient with them.
The BS in WY is the future.

Easy for me to say, I've been dealing with losing opportunities for decades - the majority of the places I used to hunt are now subdivisions and shopping malls and two farms are leases. Down here, it takes me 3 preference points to hunt a 3-day weekend an hour from my house. The closest "open" hunting area is about 2-2.5 hours out, 1-way. Everything else around here is quota hunt. It is barely worth it but I keep applying. I'm old enough that I don't want to go bouncing around the country every year just to hunt for a week.

The population and development in the US has us in a pinch. More folks, less places to play. Something has to give.

Once this shakes out, and they pass the regulation/law it will be time to approach our representatives and see about changing the way P&R funds are distributed. Going from 20% to less than 5% tags and the price increases on NR tags will need to be used as a tool while it is still fresh. The Res hunters will scream and cry over this but as they have said - deal with it, tough shit, etc. If we are sending emails to the task force, let's send em to our representatives as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Not gonna just roll over and die.

And yes, boomer is not received well by the older folks.

Call me an jerk, but maybe you should have been as fired up over the last few years to protect your back yard and you wouldn't be so pissed about me protecting mine?

I also have zero private land to hunt because everything is outfitted. I drive between 2 and 4 hours to hunt.

Maybe shoot me a PM and we can hit that public together in 2026? I would like to check it out. Maybe you can bring you boots and a fly rod and I'll show you why the wilderness means more than a few weeks of elk hunting?

Last edited:
Call me an jerk, but maybe you should have been as fired up over the last few years to protect your back yard and you wouldn't be so pissed about me protecting mine?

I also have zero private land to hunt because everything is outfitted. I drive between 2 and 4 hours to hunt.

Maybe shoot me a PM and we can hit that public together in 2026? I would like to check it out.
You can come down here and I’ll take you out in the FL swamp for deer and hogs. No problemo. Or we can go gator hunting and fishing. Maybe archery if the dates coincide.

See, states east of the Mississippi dont have vast amounts of federal or blm land. It is often land leased from owners to provide access for public use.

The aplication peocess is all the same for res and NR. We apply for the same tags. The idea that res should get multiple tags is foreign and that NR should be limited is not there. That’s part of why its a culture shock. When in CO in 2019 my dad saw a bunch of mulies and wanted to go get a license, that it took us 2 yrs to draw confused him.

You can come down here and I’ll take you out in the FL swamp for deer and hogs. No problemo.

Don't threaten me with a good time haha. I would love to see the swamps.

I completely understand the frustration. There are self imposed regs. for residents too like getting away from either species deer tags. Stuff is a long those lines.

You can come down here and I’ll take you out in the FL swamp for deer and hogs. No problemo. Or we can go gator hunting and fishing. Maybe archery if the dates coincide.

See, states east of the Mississippi dont have vast amounts of federal or blm land. It is often land leased from owners to provide access for public use.

The aplication peocess is all the same for res and NR. We apply for the same tags. The idea that res should get multiple tags is foreign and that NR should be limited is not there. That’s part of why its a culture shock. When in CO in 2019 my dad saw a bunch of mulies and wanted to go get a license, that it took us 2 yrs to draw confused him.
Kansas is similar, very little public land but the state leases a crap ton of private for hunting access to the public.

If this does pass can we at least get the NM thing where I can pay an "Outfitter" $800 to hand me a 5 year old map, and claim he spent 2.5 days with me?

Not ideal at all and total BS but cheaper than a $6000 hunt

If this does pass can we at least get the NM thing where I can pay an "Outfitter" $800 to hand me a 5 year old map, and claim he spent 2.5 days with me?

Not ideal at all and total BS but cheaper than a $6000 hunt
You can actually do better than that. Gotta start thinking outside the box. Actually get something for your money.

You can actually do better than that. Gotta start thinking outside the box. Actually get something for your money.
Haha I was mainly joking. I was looking into an outfitter hunt for my dad a few years ago in NM and got an email from a guy basically offering that service!

Well I didn't draw my Wyoming deer or pronghorn tags this year with 5 points for each. Now I'm even more nervous about the 90/10 split. Any new news?

Back