Would you use your points?

TwoTikkas

WKR
Howdy all. I've got a question for all you Muley chasers here. Would you burn 9 preference points (NR), to hunt Colorad unit 66 south of Blue Mesa Reservoir 3rd rifle? That's what I've been targeting for a once in a life time DIY mule deer hunt. I'm about 2 points out yet,but always checking my options. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:
OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
Super! Glad to hear that. We hunted unit 67 for elk in 2011. Porcupine Gulch area. Our party saw a couple very nice muley bucks that week (1st rifle), but I don't think I would cash in my points to hunt it 2 years sooner. I'll hold out for the Blue Mesa and 9 pref points I think. Gotta say you have my curiousity up. Without prying for details,would you base your opinion on quality or quantity?

quality, I saw some outstanding deer in there last year. If you get serious about that unit shoot me a pm. I also have a good friend that lives in Montrose and he knows that area very well I could probably get you two in contact when you draw

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
Fantastic! I appreciate it. I have friends here that are die hard elk hunters. Pretty successful too. They wonder how I can invest so much time and effort to a one time muley hunt. I can't explain it to them. I guess you either have the bug or you don't. I do. If I could talk my wife into relocating to Colorado I'd be in "Hog Heaven". Alas,I have to temper my addiction and take my Rocky Mountain fix how I can get it. Everyone need a passion. Mine is the Muley.