Would you buy this scope?

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I'd buy one with those specs and once reliability testing has been conducted and results shared. After the first season with it I'd buy one or two per year for a few years depending on pricing and availability.

I'd also be interested in a fixed 6x or 8x.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
All:

It’s a serious question from Ryan. This is not just a feeler post. No presale or other nonsense.

If a 3-12x40’ish mil/mil scope was offered that was consistently reliable and durable, was tested heavily, had multiple reticles that were truly usable/visible from 3-12x, a good/great eyebox and DOF, low profile zero stop elevation and capped windage; and was under $1,500- would you buy it?
All day long and twice on Sunday.

nobody

WKR
Like lots of others on this thread, at $1k or under I’ll take 2 right now. Above that and it becomes a comparison proposition against known good commodities, like a Nightforce SHV 4-14 or a Trijicon Tenmile.

At $1,500, I might would buy one. $999.99, sign me up. Once it crosses the $1k threshold, it gets trickier to sneak it past the wife.
That used to be my problem too. What I started doing is going to WalMart and buy one of those $49 special scopes that are in the plastic clamshell. I open it up and take the scope out and throw it somewhere. I put my "Nice" scope in the clamshell and leave it laying on the table with the $49 WalMart receipt close by. When Wifey finds it, she says "O that's a nice scope-See I told you that you don't have to spend a fortune for a scope". My reply is usually "Yes Dear, You are right again".

JCMCUBIC

WKR

Because that's lighter than anything comparable (to the listed specs) currently in production. If given the choice of two scopes with the same reliability/functionality/quality, I'll choose the lighter of the two.

I would likely be in for multiples. I like the RS1.2, but it will be a rare thing for me to use it over 12x...honestly, rarely over 8x in the field. If I could save 6 oz's for the same functionality it would be an improvement for my use.

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
That's not true exactly. I don't know what is all entailed in getting one LOW built scope design that was produced for one company rebranded to be sold under another brand, but looking at the Maven 2-10, which is very close to the Weaver model of old, I'm pretty sure it can be done. If so, as mentioned earlier, there's already a solid scope out there that pretty well - couple ounces off on weight - fits the OP in the Bushy LRHS/LRTS 3-12. Better reticles and it's pretty much ready to go.
The Maven/Weaver 2-10x38?
Or the Trijicon/Weaver 2-10x36?
Neither of these scopes meet all the specs outlined, nor does the LRS 3-12.

For the most part you can't go to an OEM and say I want X scope, with X changes, example; the Trijicon 2-10x30 but with adjustable parallax, 10mil turrets and a bigger objective.
In most cases these changes cannot be made without a partial redesign, and many OEMs aren't willing to do it unless you are Vortex ordering 50,000 scopes a year through them.

The OEMs aren't going to spend thousands of dollars and months of their time redesigning a scope unless you commit to a huge order to make it worth their time. And even then they have limited time and resources, that they'd rather develop a scope that'll have have a wider market appeal, rather than a very very niche one.