Would you buy this scope?

270quest

WKR
For me the ideal scope would be something along the lines of the S&B klassik 3-12x42, but with a low profile locking turret like a CDS dial. Keep it at 20-21 oz and under $14-1500.

Obviously mechanicals are most important, but for me, at that price range, I want top teir glass as well.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Guys. Bold enough reticle and stadia and proper reticle design trumps “illuminated reticle” in 95+% of actual killing shots. Illuminated reticle and more “zoom” should not be requirements at all in what was outlined in the original post.

A fixed 8x50 variant, however, is absolutely necessary down the road 😜

JFK

WKR
3-12x44, no parallax adjust, zero stop/locking elevation, capped windage, $1000ish dollars is the winner. If retail price has to go up with above features you’d lose some buyers, but I wouldn’t compromise too hit $1000. Aweful lot of people would jump in at $1,500 too.

A functional, clean, light, brick shit house is what the people want.

Reactions: NSI
I would personally like a little more magnification, as others have said, actual availability would be real nice...

Capped Windage
Locking/Zero stop elevation turret
Parallax adjustment
30mm Main Tube
low profile removable magnification throw lever similar to Leupold LR scopes
Usable/uncluttered reticle
FFP

3.5-14x44 or 3-15x44 Would be my favorite scope.

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
At $1k, I’d buy 3 right away.

At $1.5k, I’d buy 2 right away.

How soon could these theoretically land? Are we thinking in time for next season?
Theoretically or realistically?

Realistically there aren't any OEMs that offer a scope that meets these specs and getting a custom design is going to cost too much/require more units than what Rokslide members will be to commit too.

Even if a new design could be justified and an OEM found who will do it, the time to develop test and manufacture is going to be years.

Reactions: BLJ

Luvda208

FNG
All:

It’s a serious question from Ryan. This is not just a feeler post. No presale or other nonsense.

If a 3-12x40’ish mil/mil scope was offered that was consistently reliable and durable, was tested heavily, had multiple reticles that were truly usable/visible from 3-12x, a good/great eyebox and DOF, low profile zero stop elevation and capped windage; and was under $1,500- would you buy it?
Thats a yes for me.

Theoretically or realistically?

Realistically there aren't any OEMs that offer a scope that meets these specs and getting a custom design is going to cost too much/require more units than what Rokslide members will be to commit too.

Even if a new design could be justified and an OEM found who will do it, the time to develop test and manufacture is going to be years.
That's not true exactly. I don't know what is all entailed in getting one LOW built scope design that was produced for one company rebranded to be sold under another brand, but looking at the Maven 2-10, which is very close to the Weaver model of old, I'm pretty sure it can be done. If so, as mentioned earlier, there's already a solid scope out there that pretty well - couple ounces off on weight - fits the OP in the Bushy LRHS/LRTS 3-12. Better reticles and it's pretty much ready to go.

Last edited: