Would have been 17 Sunday

I am very sorry for your tremendous loss. It's very honorable for you to share this with us all. May God's perfect peace rest on you and your family and know that you have truly fought the good fight and you are not a failure my friend but a loving father as your own words described yourself as such.

My heart goes out to you. I pray you find peace. Thank you for being vulnerable so that we can remember what truly matters in life.

Hang in there man. Holding your deceased daughter is a pain I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. I think I’ve watched every video on the internet about child loss and grief. This one always hits home for me.
Hold onto the promise of God.

@mooretitan I can't imagine the pain you still feel, but I'll be sure to pray for for you. I also hope that you can use your pain to bring comfort, strength, and wisdom to others who are going through the same or similar situation.

My wife had a miscarriage at 20 weeks and we are still torn up about it. A good friend of mine said the same thing happened to he and his wife about 18 years ago. He said that it still chokes him up and its a pain he still lives with. But just him sharing that with us has helped both of us to cope and carry our loss.

Thank you for sharing your daughter’s tribute. It was beautiful. I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. Keep your chin up and keep trekking.

I am so sorry for your loss. And for the dark journey that you have been through. You sound like the kind of guy who may be able to find the positives, the rays of light in the story. That is what I wish for you.

You are not a failure. The way you and your wife and family handled this is not the way failers would do it. I watched a lot of kids grow up, and I have become convinced that they come into this world with their own personality and spirit. As a parent, you do the best you can to help them, but they have their own path to walk.

A family that’s close to me has two sons. One is the athletic Director at a small college, and the other became an alcoholic and nearly killed himself. (he’s been in recovery for maybe 10 years now and he’s doing OK) They were both given all the love, and every advantage you could give a child. They all have their own path to walk.

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and your family did everything you possibly could to try to save your daughter. I lost my stepmother to anorexia and depression. I almost lost my son to mental illness and drugs. I've witnessed firsthand how useless and broken our mental health system is. It wasn't your fault. Unfortunately, nobody can fix someone else, no matter how badly you want to.

So sorry for your loss, OP. Appreciate you sharing your beautiful tribute to her. Take care of yourself --

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude your story broke all our hearts. To your daughter, may she rest in peace finally. To you and your family, I hope that there is some measure of peace in yourselves that you truly did everything that anyone could have. It doesn’t change anything of course, but your daughter knows the love you gave. God bless you.

My heart goes out to you.

About 15 months ago, our daughter attempted suicide, pills & wine. Thank God she reached out before it was too late. She'll be 26 next month, lives with us again, and is nowhere near ready to be on her own again.

You are not wrong about the broken mental health care system in this country. Sufficed to say we can relate. God found us an old school psychiatrist and I full-well believe he saved my son’s life.

I am so sorry for your loss. You are not alone. We don’t know why these things happen, sometimes I think God gives us these burdens because someone else couldn’t handle them.

Love to you and your family.

What a gift, that you were so blessed to have known and loved and be loved by her. Your pain must be so great. My 2 daughters mean everything to me. Thank you for opening up.

Prayers for comfort and peace for you and your family during this difficult time. Know that she is in the arms of our lord and savior Jesus Christ with a new perfect body and mind. No more pain sickness or suffering. She is perfect now and in her eternal home.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I don’t have the words other than to wish you and your family peace.

Back