Worst Rifles

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
Ruger 77, top tang safety in .243
It was an ok-ish shooter, 2" at 100yds with factory ammo, but it had a recoil impulse like nothing I've ever felt. It was literally like being hit in the shoulder with a sharp axe blade!
Don’t you dare dog my ruger M77’s!!! My all time favorite best shooting rifles I’ve ever owned!

Remington 770 that a buddy had at the range. Terrible gun.

2nd worst was a Savage Axis that cycled like a grinder full of ball bearings.

Worst shooting was a pencil-barreled Ruger 77 Hawkeye RSI I sure wanted that gun to shoot well because of how great it looked, but nothing I did could ever get it under 2" at best, including removing the full length stock that I bought it for. Just an awful shooting gun.

I have a Savage model 11 that I could never get to group better than 2-3". Everyone praised Savage and I'm sure most are great but that didn't quite cut it for me. The wife got it for me as a gift so i have never parted with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
Kimber Varmint Special in .17 Rem. About 1 out of 3 the extractor would not grab the case to eject it!!

Weatherby Accumark about 15 years ago . Never could get it to group at all . Sent it back to Weatherby and they said nothing was wrong with it , but upon return it still shot 5" groups. I paid $1800 for that turd and finally sold it for a huge loss. That was the last factory rifle I ever owned.

TauPhi111

WKR
When I was a teen and into my 20s I had the predecessor to the Rem 770, the 710, in 30-06 as my first deer rifle. I had it for a while as my primary rifle, but looking back now it was a POS. Bolt was sticky. I remember the trigger was kinda heavy. Scope was cheap. But most of all I remember the only thing it shot worth a damn was Federal Premium Barnes TSX 165s. Looking back, it was a blessing cause it got me on the Barnes train, but that rifle grouped everything else in no less than 3". It was not designed to be a lasting gun either. Barrel is press fit into the receiver and bolt locked directly into the barrel, so don't expect to rebarrel it ever. The trigger group had plastic parts that froze up on me one time in December. It was an innovative way to make a cheap entry level rifle, and it spawned a bunch of similar models, but it was ugly and it was not great.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
mini 14 I get better patterns out of my shotgun. It went vamanos.

remington 742 woodsmaster in 243. Grandads gun. still have it. Bro has custody of it. It shoots like a turd but has managed to kill more deer in its lifetime then all my other rifles combined.

tec 9 i know its not a rifle but one of the worst guns I have ever had. Took me 3 days to sell it.

Currently fighting with a browning x-bolt that wont do better then 1.75" 10 shot groups with 5 different kinds of ammo. Its such a pretty gun, white gold medallion with a maple stock but whats the point of a 22-250 varmint gun that wont group. I'm sure I will put double the money its worth into it to get it to shoot right.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Any Remington semi-auto center fire! Those things are all turds. Inaccurate, jam, string, terrible trigger, you name it. Just plain garbage. Somehow they still sell!!!

As someone else said, 5” groups are good with this rifle.

Unfortunately my Kimber Adirondack 6.5. I spent a lot of time and money on that gun. It got me my first sheep, but it also misfired on a great caribou as well. I chased accuracy for a while and finally got it dialed and shooting great, only to have head space issues which would cause miss fires about 20% of the time. Eventually sold at a big loss to someone who used it as a donor rifle to build a custom gun with a new barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
Remington model 7 7mm-08. That gun shot most ammo horribly (literally 4-5 inch groups sometimes) and consistently send fliers even with the ammo it would group respectably. I sold it and moved on.

Kimber.
Kimber rep/cs would do nothing but make excuses. But after a hart barrel and my Smith worked it over they are good shooters.

Ithaca model 72 lever action 22. Never cycled reliably. Sold.

Kimber 8400 300WSM. 2 plus inch groups with factory ammo, after hundreds of $ in components and trying every "kimber fix" trick on this site have it finally shooting 1 inch. Customer service not interested. Very pretty wood though!

Grundy53

WKR
When I was a teen and into my 20s I had the predecessor to the Rem 770, the 710, in 30-06 as my first deer rifle. I had it for a while as my primary rifle, but looking back now it was a POS. Bolt was sticky. I remember the trigger was kinda heavy. Scope was cheap. But most of all I remember the only thing it shot worth a damn was Federal Premium Barnes TSX 165s. Looking back, it was a blessing cause it got me on the Barnes train, but that rifle grouped everything else in no less than 3". It was not designed to be a lasting gun either. Barrel is press fit into the receiver and bolt locked directly into the barrel, so don't expect to rebarrel it ever. The trigger group had plastic parts that froze up on me one time in December. It was an innovative way to make a cheap entry level rifle, and it spawned a bunch of similar models, but it was ugly and it was not great.
I had a 710 also. In .300 wm. First rifle I bought on my own when I was 18 or 19. I used it for elk for a few years. Very cheap feeling and as smooth as sandpaper. But it killed elk.