Wool sock recommendations?

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried them all. I'm a Point 6 guy from here on....

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
I currently am using the Darn Tough Paul Bunyan and The mountaineering heavyweight sock both OTC. Ive been impressed with how my feet don’t stink even after long hikes and multiple days of hunting. My feet still get cold with either when it’s in the 30’s or below with an uninsulated boot. I think only an insulated boot will solve that for me. I do want to try another brand just to compare. Will be looking into some of the others mentioned here.

Ark6

FNG
I didn’t care for the darn tough socks I tried. Ot enough wool in the ratio. They felt too synthetic. I was a smartwool guy until I tried Farm to Feet. Love them! 100% American made also, from the sheep to the manufacturing.

Glad to hear it. I’ve thought about getting socks from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ark6

FNG
I’ve got a set of Firstlite socks coming for my northern az elk hunt next month. Will try to remember to leave a review after I get back.

Jakerex

WKR
I bought a pack of merino wool socks from Sam’s club or Costco, can’t remember, but for the $$ it was a steal. Higher percent wool than every other brand out there. It’s been a few years and they have been holding up great.

Jakerex

WKR
Can someone explain how some of the $30/pair socks are so much better than cheaper ones? For real, never bought an expensive sock

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
Tried Darn Tough. They shrunk badly. I wear Smartwool every day and love them. I have about wore out my first pair, circa 2005ish. I feel I got my money's worth and then some.

To answer the question, I have tried the Costco version and at first they are great, but they lose their elasticity over time. Certainly a good value, but as with most things, buy once and cry once!

Was just on the Pacas.com website and those seem very interesting. Although it doesn't explicitly say it, they will exchange a sock if it gets a hole or worn out, so I guess that means their warranty is as good as Darn Tough, maybe even better if they aren't charging you for shipping.

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to beat Darn Toughs unconditionally lifetime warranty and a great sock

rootacres

WKR
Darn tough. . micro hiker crew I believe they are called. If you have a boot taller than an 8" you'll want one of their taller socks.

antmarvel

FNG
I’ve used Darn Tough, First Lite, Smartwool, Farm to Feet. All are good. I like First Lite the most.