Womens Rifle

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Momma burned 13 points for Elk this year so we had to get her set up with a new hunting rifle. The keys here were a rifle that fit her, compact, and was more shootable than her 300 win mag. We ended up going with an 18 inch 6.5 PRC in an Element 4.0 MG. I had a 26 inch medium palma barrel laying around so we threw that on there. I was a little concerned with the weight of the barrel but I figured we could always throw a deep spiral flute on it and make it look good! The LOP was another attention to detail that I wanted to watch! How it sits fit her well but my backup plan was to put a TR-2 on the chassis to get the LOP down to the desired length. Overall she is super happy and shooting the rifle very well.

Before someone says anything I had the scope laying around and figured we would put it to use before season!

Final Specs
Weight 12lbs 3 oz (with everything in the picture)
Blueprinted Remington 700
Bartlein Medium Palma 18" 1:7.5
APA Gen 2 Little Bastard
Timney Elite Hunter Trigger
XLR 4.0 MG- Carbon 12.5 inch buttstock, Carbon Grip, Folder
Vortex Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27
TBAC Bipod

Hornady Match 147 ELDM
2805 FPS

0.jpg

Michael54

WKR
I'm not a fan of 6.5 anything but it looks like you did a hell of a job! Hopefully it puts a ton of meat in your freezer!

Reactions: XLR

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
Really nice looking setup, but seems a little on the heavy side for a woman to pack around. Which unit did she draw?

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That looks cool but that seems super heavy.
A lot of the weight is in the scope, barrel, and the bipod.
Scope- 48 OZ
Bipod- 16 oz
Barrel- 5 lbs
The barrel is the heaviest part and that's where we could cut a lot of weight. It measures .875" at the muzzles so it is a hog for a hunting rifle! We have horses too so that was about where we wanted the weight to be at so she could shoot it a little easier. If we had an NX8 we would lose 20 oz alone right there!

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really nice looking setup, but seems a little on the heavy side for a woman to pack around. Which unit did she draw?
I guess I should have added that we are going to be swapping the scope out and taking the bipod off before season! That is just the initial weight as it sits.

Ucsdryder

WKR
If/when you swap those barrels out, don’t overlook a 7saum for your wife. My wife loves mine suppressed in 20”. That kind of sounded dirty.

A 180 doing 2780 is pretty deadly in a 20” barrel.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If/when you swap those barrels out, don’t overlook a 7saum for your wife. My wife loves mine suppressed in 20”. That kind of sounded dirty.

A 180 doing 2780 is pretty deadly in a 20” barrel
Lol! I had a couple hundred pieces of 6.5 brass laying around so I figured I might as well put it to use here. The saum is one I haven't tried out but really want to!
Add another 10oz to the front for her!
Waiting for the ABC boys to finish up their paperwork for it! I am not sure if they need a new coffee pot or what but I feel like there is a lack of ambition somewhere along the line!

Lawnboi

WKR
Waiting for the ABC boys to finish up their paperwork for it! I am not sure if they need a new coffee pot or what but I feel like there is a lack of ambition somewhere along the line!

Once it comes keeping one in jail all the time makes the wait easier.

Keep it mid weight and easy to shoot!

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Great looking rig. How much did it weight without the scope and bipod?
I don't remember exactly but I believe it was 7 lbs 10 oz. I was thinking it was going to be more with that barrel being all steel and over 3/4" at the muzzle.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
310636533_5925857444100208_7998064203322763794_n.jpg310645978_5925858270766792_6082477142124987201_n.jpg
Quick update on this thread. The rifle did great and she ended up shooting this bull at 480 off the tripod. Rifle was a little heavier than I would have liked so I will be getting a new scope for next year and possibly spiral fluting or just putting a carbon barrel on! The 147 ELDM performed even better than I thought. It dropped him right in his tracks and ran a fist sized hole through the top of the shoulder and through the heart (high angle shot). Overall though it was a successful trip!