Wod

Carr5vols

WKR
Question guys are you using this thread to help keep motivated and hold each other accountable or ? I see it pop up all along but never looked into it until today.

Either way today.
10 tire flips with 145 lb tractor tire
Farmer carry it back to start
100 reps on jump rope
12 pushups
All on 4 minute clock x 10 rounds

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Question guys are you using this thread to help keep motivated and hold each other accountable or ? I see it pop up all along but never looked into it until today.

Either way today.
100 reps on jump rope
12 pushups
Yup- welcome aboard :)

I like to see what other people are doing, get everything from traditional weightlifting to Tai Bo in here.

Some of it is to share my own workouts so someone out there might see something different and decide to switch it up.

Generally it's just to let the next guy know someone else is putting in work out there as well and to stay the course.

state637

WKR
Strength
Every 2 minutes, for 6 minutes (3 sets):
2 Clean Lift-Offs + Power Clean + Jerk @ 70-80%
Followed by…
1 Clean Lift-Off + Clean + Jerk @ 75-85%
Followed by…
Clean & Jerk @ 85-90%

Conditioning
10 RFT
12 cal bike
3 clean & jerks @135

TripleJ

WKR

Curious about everyone’s go to exercises and or training styles for hunt preparation.
I’ve found CrossFit style to be the best for me but also focus on calf strengthening as that’s where I see fatigue quickest during a hike.

There are some real studs on this thread, it's great for staying accountable and for the motivation. You get a really good mixture of training modalities on this thread, it's cool to see the variety.

I do a majority of my workouts at a CrossFit gym, with one or 2 days a week mixed in of weighted hikes and trail running. Seems to get me in decent shape come elk season, minus the elevation change.

Either way today.
100 reps on jump rope
12 pushups

When i work out in my garage a lot of times i grab a workout from here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sjwfarms

WKR
quick leg day before dinner with my daughter
warmup 3x12 curls/ext
DB 24" box steps 3x15 40s
10 min 30" box steps alternating
Leg press 10x no rest 150 to 400 and back down (50# +/+ each set)

I try to do some form of a traditional push/pull/legs routine alternating days with hiking. Occasionally I'll incorporate some of the cross fit guy's excercises in to my more standard lifts...Have to admit, I often have to go on the interwebs to find a video on what the hell they're talking about. As the season approaches I'll add more weight on the hikes and drop the weight/add reps to the lifts....convinced the heat does somewhat offset the lack of altitude in preparing for out west.

Curious about everyone’s go to exercises and or training styles for hunt preparation.
I’ve found CrossFit style to be the best for me but also focus on calf strengthening as that’s where I see fatigue quickest during a hike.
I did powerlifting as a teen and young lad, then CrossFit for a long time. I don’t think the majority of CF gyms program very well for measurable improvement, so after a while I started putting together my own regiments with more focus on mobility. Takes a bit more work but worth it to me, performance is up and joint pain is down.

Current routine:
o Cycle is 3 on/1 off/2 on/1 off/1 on/1 off
Each 9 day cycle has 6 working days:
o 2-3x strength workouts with compound movements, super low volume, finish with ESD
o 2x push/pull/core circuits, body weight or body weight+ with active recovery between circuits
o 2x 35 minute HIIT or interval-based workouts
o 2x 60+ minute functional aerobic recovery “off” days (jog, bike, hike, swim or a combo of multiple) with HR<130
o 1x pure rest day

I mix the workout orders up every time my body starts to adapt, keeps my routine fresh and can adjust any part of it for competitions, seasons, or events. It’s closer to what a collegiate lifting and endurance program would look like during a maintenance or “in-season” phase.

Last edited: