Wisconsin Bear Attack

That kid is a champ. I don't know if many 12 year olds would have the composure or skill to pull that off.

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Cool story. Would like to read the rest without a paywall…

I’m going to tell my 10 year old about it. He shot a rattlesnake this weekend pdog hunting that was coiled up and pissed off. He was super proud of his actions, and how he “saved us”… he will like the story of the bear.

OP
A

atmat

WKR
Sorry about the paywall. I opened the link through a different website (Yahoo News) and didn’t get paywalled — though now I am.

TLDR: dad shot 200lb black bear and then tracked it. When he discovered the bear, it attacked him and was on top of him. 12 year old shot the bear while on top of dad, killing the bear. Man taken to hospital where his face was stitched up and thankful his child saved his life.

buzzy

WKR
One point that stands out to me is how the dad missed the bear 6 times with his handgun as it was charging. I don’t know the right answer but for anyone saying a handgun is superior to bear spray in a charging bear situation may think twice about that statement. Nobody knows how they will react when the adrenaline hits. Also confusing why the dad didn’t have a rifle while tracking it be just the handgun.

elkguide

WKR

One of these should work.