WINTER CONDITIONS MULE DEER WYOMING

Woodhick

FNG
WHATS WINTER BEEN LIKE SO FOR MULE DEER THIS WINTER SO FAR ?

Last edited by a moderator:

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
Probably cold and snowy. You have until May to apply and a lot can happen between now and then.

To answer the intent of the post.

It depends on what part of the state you're looking at. Cody/Bighorn Basin has been a good winter for animals. Decent moisture that hasn't stuck around.

From Lander to the UT/ID/CO borders has had significantly above-average snowfall that's stuck around. East side of the state is a mishmash. From Laramie east is normal-ish. NE is normal-ish. Central East has above average snow piling up around Lusk/Glendo. South Central (Rawlins, Baggs, Rock Springs) has significantly above average snowpack.

Like stated above, probably going to be late March/early April before we really know what happened overall this winter.

To briefly summarize the parts most "serious" deer hunter pay attention to: Uffda

Elsewhere in the state, probably not so bad.

Next time somebody from california whines about non resident costs and opportunities, just send that picture.

This is the week ahead were I hunt in California , still whining
d388ff84da549537c662958a6e34806c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ucsdryder

WKR
This is the week ahead were I hunt in California , still whining
d388ff84da549537c662958a6e34806c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You missed the point. If you want to come out and be a resident and put up with that all winter then you can get general tags for cheap. Where you hunt and where you live are very different. Even someone from california is man enough to put up with snow for 4-5 days on a hunt.

You missed the point. If you want to come out and be a resident and put up with that all winter then you can get general tags for cheap. Where you hunt and where you live are very different. Even someone from california is man enough to put up with snow for 4-5 days on a hunt.

Its been tough for every state this winter is my point. Deer herds going to take a hit all over the West. Californias aren’t the only ones who bitch about nonresident prices, I don’t even bitch i just pay it.

manitou1

WKR
In our area of WY we have had snow cover since early Nov. This is the foothills at 5000'.
The mountains have had lots of snow.
Negative temps for extended periods (record setting -40 to -60 wind chills in areas) and winds of 45-60 mph have been frequent at times, sometimes lasting for days.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider