Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnelk

WKR
More from the Sheriff this morning:

Why all the concern with enforcement of the governor’s new mask order?

For one, the governor cannot cite specific statutory authorization for the order. Simply citing a broad statute doesn’t suffice. He can’t cite the provision that provides such authority.

Just as importantly, the state legislature just passed and the governor just signed a law placing the liability for violations of constitutional rights on local peace officers. They are personally, financially responsible if they violate someone’s rights. The law does provide them protection if they refuse to follow what they reasonably believe to be an unconstitutional order.

It looks to me like from Aspen to El Paso and all points in between- Colorado police officers are very unlikely to risk violating the constitutional rights of citizens based on a very questionable directive from the governor.”

Gila

WKR
My wife put her foot down last night and said I wasn’t going this year. Since NJ has a quarantine for people that have been in something like 12-15 states and 3-4 I would have to drive through to get to Colorado that is issue number 1. Then last year my son ended up with altitude sickness and we cut the trip short. The issue is if either of us got it or hurt 2000 miles away and we would be more likely to get the virus in a hospital.

I understand her concern and won’t start World War III.

Being in my mid 50’s with many historical injuries that have slowed me down and a widow maker heart attack 10 years ago. I just don’t know how many more years I can do it. So bummed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a crying shame...I feel for you guys, I really do. This year I got lucky and drew a tag near our ranch or I would not be going hunting either. Maybe you could save up and treat yourself to a guided hunt on private land when this is over? You guys in NY and NJ have suffered alot to bend the curve only to watch the rest of the country spiral out of control. We feel fortunate to live in the country. All of our supplies are delivered except for the horse feed. I use curb side pickup at Tractor Supply for that. If I couldn't take the side by out to the mountains I would have gone crazy by now. Keep your chin up, you will be hunting again.

Being from NY. I don't see how I'm going to be able to pull this off and have fun doing it. I think itll be to stressful this year at this point. Does MT allow you to get a refund on the general unit combo tags? I read somewhere you could get 80% of the cost back before August 1st??? Of course the plane tix just dropped way down again which still makes this tempting but my brother in law is already starting to flake out and my boss at work will definitely be a dick about coming back to work

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Gila

WKR
This right to not wear a mask BS is absurd! Some people just don't want to get it! Wearing masks isn't to prevent the wearer from getting covid. It is to protect the people around them. I was a HOG rider for most of my life. I do not agree with helmet laws although I won't ride without a helmet. If you don't wear a helmet you are just killing yourself. If you want to invoke Darwin's theory of evolution...that's your business.

So I will ask the question: "What gives you the right to kill me or my loved ones?"

Arguing about wearing masks or not is moot at this point anyway. It's too late for that. It's because people DIDN'T wear masks is one of the reasons why we are now at the point of no return. The virus can no longer be contained. It is a scientific certainty. The steeper the curve the harder it is to bend the curve. Refrigeration trucks are rolling and the graves are being dug. I don't plan on occupying one of them. Maybe we will see a legal challenge to defend oneself from someone who comes within six feet of another who does not wear a mask.

KurtR

WKR
This right to not wear a mask BS is absurd! Some people just don't want to get it! Wearing masks isn't to prevent the wearer from getting covid. It is to protect the people around them. I was a HOG rider for most of my life. I do not agree with helmet laws although I won't ride without a helmet. If you don't wear a helmet you are just killing yourself. If you want to invoke Darwin's theory of evolution...that's your business.

So I will ask the question: "What gives you the right to kill me or my loved ones?"

Arguing about wearing masks or not is moot at this point anyway. It's too late for that. It's because people DIDN'T wear masks is one of the reasons why we are now at the point of no return. The virus can no longer be contained. It is a scientific certainty. The steeper the curve the harder it is to bend the curve. Refrigeration trucks are rolling and the graves are being dug. I don't plan on occupying one of them. Maybe we will see a legal challenge to defend oneself from someone who comes within six feet of another who does not wear a mask.

Where are the refrigerator trucks rolling and graves being dug. With infections going up deaths are going down are all the stats I have seen. Maybe if they would not have lied and said masks don’t work more people would have wore them.

You've got this completely backwards. By your same logic, if someone does in a vehicle, everyone who helped manufacture and sell that vehicle helped kill that person. People have the right to choose to stay home, wear a hazmat suit, or whatever it takes to keep themselves safe. Anyone who dies in a vehicle accident or gets a virus does so as a result of their own choices (though it may be in combination with someone else's choices). If we don't have the right to not wear a mask in public, we have no rights and are owned by the "public".

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

rjschill

FNG
If we don't have the right not to wear clothes in public, we have no rights and are owned by the "public".

I concur with Gila.

If we lived in London during the blitz and they had a blackout, I’m sure you neighbors would be thrilled if you elected to exercise your individualism and go ahead and leave your porch lights on so the luftwaffe could more accurately drop bombs on the neighborhood.

Same deal here. We have a national emergency if you consider we are approaching three times the KIA in Vietnam and the death toll seems to be trending up.

Sure, you can elect to not wear your mask and maybe you will not be a casualty, but what if you you are asymptomatic and you give the virus bomb to your neighbors. Don’t they have rights too?

Oh yeh, what did Spock say:
518B10FE-641B-4FE6-AC22-8881B6581300.jpeg

Think I’ll go shark fishing this weekend off the public beach. Nobody will be negatively impacted by me. It’s my god given right to dump 10 gallons of bloody chum into the water so I can fish. Don’t you tell me what to do!

rjschill

FNG
I'm responsible for my own needs driving so I should be able to drive as fast as I want. Speed limits infringe on my rights. I'm responsible for my own needs and shouldn't have to wait at stop signs, they infringe on my rights. I'm responsible for my own needs and would like to walk around naked. Clothes laws infringe on my rights.

We sure have let the communist government take away a lot or our rights. I think we should start disobeying those too.

In all seriousness I’m planning on going elk hunting with my muzzleloader tag in Colorado this September.

And yes I’m planning on wearing my mask when I go into the gas station or liquor store.

Think I’ll go shark fishing this weekend off the public beach. Nobody will be negatively impacted by me. It’s my god given right to dump 10 gallons of bloody chum into the water so I can fish. Don’t you tell me what to do!

We actually do that all the time down here and it's perfectly legal. lol
edit: obviously nobody pulls up to a crowded beach and fishes there, but we shark fish public beaches, yes.

Last edited:
I'm responsible for my own needs driving so I should be able to drive as fast as I want. Speed limits infringe on my rights. I'm responsible for my own needs and shouldn't have to wait at stop signs, they infringe on my rights. I'm responsible for my own needs and would like to walk around naked. Clothes laws infringe on my rights.

We sure have let the communist government take away a lot or our rights. I think we should start disobeying those too.

You're telling me you don't drive 10 over everywhere you go and California stop at signs like the rest of us? pfffffft
As for the clothes, law doesn't specify you have to wear clothes it says you can't be nekkid, well and that's even in question now in some states.

Gila

WKR
You've got this completely backwards. By your same logic, if someone does in a vehicle, everyone who helped manufacture and sell that vehicle helped kill that person. People have the right to choose to stay home, wear a hazmat suit, or whatever it takes to keep themselves safe. Anyone who dies in a vehicle accident or gets a virus does so as a result of their own choices (though it may be in combination with someone else's choices). If we don't have the right to not wear a mask in public, we have no rights and are owned by the "public".

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
If you kill someone with your vehicle you can be charged with manslaughter.

rjschill

FNG
On a serious note, what do you think will happen if you give in and wear a mask? Like real examples. How would the government use this one thing during a pandemic to further infringe on your rights?

For the good and safety of society we've already decided some freedoms and rights can be infringed on and we didn't turn into communist china.

Why this? Why when if being wrong could kill someone you know?

TN VOL77

FNG
I sure hope we have our first archery elk hunt this year in Idaho..my son and have day dreamt for months now about the Idaho Mountains. Hate to rain on anyone’s parade, and I haven’t read everyone’s comments on this mask wearing subject..interesting how the majority of people on the left side want everyone to be mandated to wear masks at ALL times in public but it’s ok to abort unborn babies and have the “choice” to do so. I’m a business owner in TN and my wife told
Me today that some women in our area have started a FB group about wearing masks..we don’t require our employees to wear masks, and this FB mask wearing group is publicly listing a business shit list, which is a list of all businesses in our area who don’t enforce the masks and calling them out.

rjschill

FNG
Actually the whole nudity thing was voted in to law by the elected people... not just 1 person telling you what you can and can't do

So if wearing a mask was voted into law you would wear one? So then it's not about rights, it's about laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.