Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackdawg

WKR
So I'm not supposed to go to the store, which may or may not have food, but I also not supposed to go hunting and procuring my own food.
So your suggesting we all just stay in our houses and starve to death?
Sounds like your plan to get thru this involves magic crystals to wish upon.
Some of us have to do shit though.

Do stupid shit win stupid prizes. Every man has to survive, every man has to take care of his family, ask yourself,can you minimize your role in spreading this bat-dung eaters virus? The stupid sign wearin types have been strutting their stuff, here in Tennessee they have been piled up like sardines in a can at the few stores open, some will win the Chinamans lotto very soon! Friggin Wally world is limiting the numbers of clowns in their stores now if ya haven’t heard, freakin incredible! FYI that crystal stuff around here contributes heavily to all the redneck toothless jokes, I wouldn’t recommend ettin it . Stay home, hunt/fish/garden, screw the old lady, pick your battles when ya know more about the enemy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled the plug on my two annual trips already, refund on Wyoming elk, had points for that and a dang good Colorado mule deer tag also. I will stay local and kill lots of “whitey” meat! Don’t think people aren’t watching and keeping score on the behavior of selfish individuals in the each community that are putting the greater good of Americans at risk. Does this situation suck, damn right it sucks donkey balls and Personally I want forget those Communist Chinamen hiding this shit to “save face” when I make purchases in the future, screwed me out of one of the limited trips my bones have in em. The greater good of the entire outdoor community in this time of unprecedented national crisis is to stay local, stay at home or isolated as much as possible and try to help this country recover asap. Lots of people are going to be hurting really bad in a few months. But hey some guys got to strut their stuff, Go ahead smear the outdoorsman through the mud in the eyes of the public, wanna be recognized like those punk ass spring breakers , just strut all over the country with them horns strapped to your roof, ya best hope ya ain’t the one that unknowingly gives this Batdung eaters virus to your friends while stroking your own ego!

Something you midwest southern guys dont get is in the west we typically only get 1 deer tag per year.
We don get booklets of whitetail tags that I can fill in my back yard. Ohh and I'd only get 9 days to fill my 1 tag not 3 months.
So yeah little different.

Some of the posts in here make it sound like you're independently wealthy. Quit your job have a giant food cashes and are gonna sit in ur bunker for 90 days.
I'm just not buying it.

blackdawg

WKR
Something you midwest southern guys dont get is in the west we typically only get 1 deer tag per year.
We don get booklets of whitetail tags that I can fill in my back yard. Ohh and I'd only get 9 days to fill my 1 tag not 3 months.
So yeah little different.

I get it, lived in Wyoming,Alaska and Colorado for quite a few years. Game isn’t always out the back door always. But driving clear across the country 1000’s of miles to hunt”vacation” is foolish during this shitstorm ! 1,2,3,4,5 hours for locals/residents has to be done, man has to do what he has to do, All is relevant to location. Have to make lots of short trips here when the whitey’s only yield 25-35 pounds of meat each. My huntin partner that lives in the Colorado high country says he wouldn’t be surprised to see those libtard wolf lovin anti hunters on the front range start eatin each other before this ends! He’s got a freezer fillin meat plan cookin, just a sayin, that deadline is looming if your a greenie !

Non resident dollars is what pays the bulk of the funds for many western game and fish agencies. There will be a season, you’ll just have to quarantine for 14 days if you want to hunt there after.

That’ll be their loophole to keep your money.

But as I’ve said before, if we’re still on effectively nationwide lockdowns by September, a hunting season will be the least of our concerns. The economic implications of being locked down for 6 months would put the world into another Great(er) Depression.

Truth

You can't fix stupid selfish small minded mentally that is rampant, most of em probably worship horns, these clowns are a small sample and example why the USA is going to own all the Coronavirus records for cases and deaths when the dust settles. You have to be very selfish and rather obtuse to think this isn't going to alter every part of modern society to the core, pricks will be pricks. world's full of em. The naysayer numbers are falling fast!
Except we aren't. Statistically wise we are not. It is a big deal but we will not come close to Europe or the real China numbers

I’m going elk hunting no matter what. I can hunt elk a couple of miles from the house (not my preferred hunting spot) but I will hunt elk.

I've hunted a couple miles from your house a couple years ago, and been trying to get back there ever since ;)

Poser

WKR
Times will get so hard that flat bill hats will start to show some natural curve and the downtrodden IG influencers won’t have the $ to replace them. Compression socks will lose their elasticity and hang out by the ankles. Custom 6.5 Creedemore rifle makers will go under, KUIU will have to stop doing mailouts and lose their toilet time marketing (old KUIU mailers might be used for toilet paper). Sitka waders will go on clearance for $799, Texans won’t have the extra money for bags of corn less they go on a diet themselves, and duck hunters everywhere might just have to start eating ducks

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
I really can't believe the number of selfish pricks on here ( everywhere really) who moan about temporarily losing a few non-essential activities when this virus is highly contagious and is killing tens of thousands! Just what are the priorities of these people???

Speaking for myself and probably a few others but my gripe isn't that anything is being closed or that my own interests are more important than the health of my neighbors.
It's that we are encouraged to stay away from others and the best place to do that is closed. I agree campgrounds and parks being closed is wise. In Oregon it seems that virtually everything is still open, just fewer hours open.
My gripe is that there is a 50 person line shoulder to shoulder at home Depot (so there aren't too many inside at once) and access to my camping spot that is a mile in every direction from any possible human, can not be accessed.
Yes there are some people on here that should probably take this a little more serious, and it's that attitude that could ironically stretch this thing into the fall.
But after reading most of these comments, the people who seem to be "selfish pricks" are few and far between.
This should be a place to vent frustrations or specifically call out someone you disagree with. Don't let a few posts speak for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Except we aren't. Statistically wise we are not. It is a big deal but we will not come close to Europe or the real China numbers
Ya what's up that guys butt. A few people here aren't taking this very serious, "they must be all horn chasers!" Did I miss something here?
Too bad though we'll never know the real China numbers, that's a big disservice to the world. We don't know how effective they contained it by their methods.
As far as final numbers for this thing, the U. S. Is tough to compare to other countries. The way we're set up, this is being managed like 50 countries, with wide open boarders between them.
We're seeing one of the few downsides of freedom, harder to force people to obey.
So someone saying "the US are idiots, look at how many cases we have" isn't really a fair comparison to anywhere else on earth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t surprise me at this point. The governor in Colorado is planning on putting a state wide burn ban in place. For 6 months for public and private land. His reasoning was so that firefighters don’t have to fight fires and the virus at the same time.

Scratching my head at this? 6 months out? Kind of crazy call I think. Wouldn’t surprise me if they close elk hunting too. The way things are going. Makes no sense.
You can’t go turkey hunt in Nebraska but you can fly there and travel in an airport. But not be out in the woods by yourself hunting.

jmez

WKR
Just go to Flightradar and take a look at current planes on the radar.

Social distancing, stay at home. Out of staters not welcome.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
7f29686442b366d35a70fa13befcd9ec.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.