Wildfires in your hunting area yet?

You can and probably should turn your tag in up until the season starts and still get a point in CA
I should talk with the other two guys that are in my party to see what they want to do. Thanks for the hard to accept response but I fear it’s the smart thing to do.

That big fire in the Sycamore Canyon wilderness is gonna mess with unit 8 AZ, I've been back in there in September cool country

We are starting to get them in northern WA. My spots aren't burning up yet but the air is getting a bit thicker and I'm not feeling real excited to get out hiking & scouting.

Currently over 70 fires in Idaho. They are restricting camping, looking, etc. Evacuating in some areas. Not good

Oregon currently has the largest fire in the nation and it sounds like they can't control it. Around 215k acres as of this morning I think. Destroying a pretty popular youth mule deer unit I do believe. Going to be a long summer.

Oregon currently has the largest fire in the nation and it sounds like they can't control it. Around 215k acres as of this morning I think. Destroying a pretty popular youth mule deer unit I do believe. Going to be a long summer.
Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. Traditional fire season (in Idaho) has barely started and we have the rest of July, August and a good portion of September to get through.:(

INCIWEB is showing the Fremont-Winema Forest is ordered closed by emergency order as of July 12 and through December unless ordered otherwise; due to Bootleg and inability to contain.

That is a good part of the public land in Silver Lake unit (76) and the northern section of Interstate unit (75). Basically the NF from Chiloquin to Lakeview and Silver Lake to the border.

Back