Wilderness Athlete / Green Infusion

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
To start out with I want to say that in no way am I knocking Wilderness Athlete and I am still going to use some of their products.
I do however want to give the community my experience with Green Infusion.
To start I probably should give you may health conditions and med history prior to green infusion.
40yo
5' 10
195LB
~15-18 body fat
Exercise 5+ days a week.
NO prior medical issues or negative blood work (tested yearly)
I started taking green infusion about a year and a half ago, I did see some improvement in bloating so I continued to take it . About 6 months into taking it, I had a routine physical. When I went in to review my blood work my A1C was elevated. With turning 40 I thought this may just be getting old but I started researching causes and ways to reduce blood sugar by diet. Another 6 months go by and I wasnt feeling that great and I decided to pay for my own lab, a full panel not the skimpy one that the insurance company approves. There were several other markers that had me concerned including high A1C and fasting blood sugar, although, not diabetic at that point. I also had really elevated cholesterol and stress markers in my blood work along with lower test and free test. Well I got serious on a diet plan, ate less than 50 carbs a day and started monitoring my blood sugar on my own through one of the testers you can buy from the store. Again every morning I had high fasting blood sugar, researched more and continued diet and reduced cals and maintained low carb, still no improvement. After three months or so with no improvement there was only one thing that I could think to do and that was try eliminating one thing at a time. Well I made it through all of my workout supplements with no luck, and then four weeks ago I eliminated the Green Infusion, within two days I saw improvement in fasting blood sugar and after a week and a half it was normal. So I decided to start the others I had eliminated back, after being on them for over a week or two my fasting blood sugar is still good and I just got another blood panel done and all of the other markers are within range. Now Im no doctor or a scientist but Im not a dummy. If you have been on this product for awhile now you may want to go get tested.

GotDraw?

WKR
Very interesting-- and I compliment you on your scientific, methodical approach. My brother uses this supplement, I'll let him know!

Thank you for posting your findings!

JL

bozeman

WKR
What are the nutritional numbers on the green infusion? Are you saying WA is not providing proper labeling? Not quite following.....

OP
B

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
What are the nutritional numbers on the green infusion? Are you saying WA is not providing proper labeling? Not quite following.....
In my research, there could be one of two possible issues with the product. If WA is not testing they wouldnt know. It is a dietary supplement which I do not believe they are required to do any testing with.
1. There could be heavy metals in the product, heavy metals reduce the bodies ability of muscles to uptake and process glucose, they also impact liver function which is where your cholesterol and glucose are coming from.
2. Same story, but replace heavy metal with pesticide.
I am calling WA to see if they have product testing and where it is manufactured, just havent gotten around to it.

Sapcut

WKR
Good info. Doesn't surprise me due to the fructose in the formula along with mostly carbs from numerous vegetable and fruit extracts.... and ingesting as a liquid, even worse. Processed fake food. Essential fats and essential amino acids are "essential" but no essential carbs exist.

Very interesting.. I was thinking about adding this to my regiment but I might hold off.

dtrkyman

WKR
Crazy,

I was using a supplement years ago, wont name it as I am not positive which one it was. But I swear there was crack in it or something, after using it for a few months I was definitely addicted to it, so much so I would be craving at the gym before I was even close to done with my work out!

Was really weird, never had that feeling with anything before.

I stopped taking it immediately so I guess addiction is too strong a description but it was odd for sure.

Who knows what is in a lot of that crap. EAT GOOD FOOD!