Wiggy's sleeping bag sizing

Wiggy's sleeping bag users - what has been your experience with sizing? I'm 5'10" and 180 lbs, and I got a recommendation for long/wide, but I'm curious what other people's experiences have been. I have a feeling they err on the side of suggesting too big because they want to avoid returns from people who feel cramped in their bags. Wiggy's long/wide mummy bags are 34" wide x 90" long, which seems massive, especially compared to other brands (most regular length men's bags are 78" long, and they're recommended for people up to six feet tall).

Htm84

WKR
I’m pretty sure mine is a wide regular. It’s super wide but a little on the short side for me. I’m 6’ 200ish.

*zap*

WKR
6' and 205# I use long wide and it is not huge on me in width but the length has a bit extra which is how I like it. I would rather it be a bit wider than what it is. Extra length can always be utilized....

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Wiggy's sleeping bag users - what has been your experience with sizing? I'm 5'10" and 180 lbs, and I got a recommendation for long/wide, but I'm curious what other people's experiences have been. I have a feeling they err on the side of suggesting too big because they want to avoid returns from people who feel cramped in their bags. Wiggy's long/wide mummy bags are 34" wide x 90" long, which seems massive, especially compared to other brands (most regular length men's bags are 78" long, and they're recommended for people up to six feet tall).
I'm about the same size as you. I walked into the Wiggy's factory and asked him what size. The owner looked at me and said "regular wide." He didn't get a yardstick out and measure me or anything though.

Mr. Wigutow seems to be a big proponent of going larger when in doubt. He says the bags drape over you, so that extra space isn't a problem. I didn't end up buying a bag from him, so I can't say if that's true.

Voyageur

WKR
I'm also your size. I had a Wiggy's wide/long and got rid of it because I had way too much extra length. The wide width I liked though.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I'm your height and a little heavier. I got long/wide. I probably could've gotten the regular length if I were a back sleeper. As a side sleeper I appreciate extra material to move around in. It is a large bag to be sure, but I am used to pretty constricting down mummy bags. Wiggy's sizing recommendations are build around a different mindset. A big focus on having plenty of room so as not to press up against the insulation and reduce its efficiency.

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one on sale that just arrived this week. At 6'3"/225, the long wide is spacious, at least much more so than any of my backpacking bags.