Wide Fit mountaineering boots

TheWhitetailNut

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all,

What do people suggest as wide fitting mountaineering boots.

I’m keen on something with a very stiff sole.

I purchased a pair of La Sportiva Nepal Cubes but they are too narrow for me. I just burnt out my Scarpa Mont blancs but it did take a lot of wear for them to not give me a lot of grief on my pinky toe.

I’m thinking maybe Lowa Alpine experts or Scarpa Grand dru’s but I’m keen for other suggestions

Cheers
Crispi

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Crrispi for my EEE width feet and I can select a lighter 2 flex model (Lapponia II) for around town and stiffer 3 Flex model for hunting (Guide GTX). I like that they rate their boots on flex. Not real mountaineering boots but super comfortable

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Lathrop and Sons Mountain Hunter wide is far wider than the Lowa Tibet wide

Figured they’d have to be amongst the wider models out there. But looking back, seems op is looking for something strictly alpine.

yfarm

WKR
Lathrop doesn’t publish a stiffness rating, subjectively compared to the Beartooth it is stiffer, has a full length shank, is not designed for crampons and is not a double boot. If those are the criteria for an alpine boot then refer to it as a mountaineering boot. Have not found anything in Lowas or La Sportivas lines that iis wide enough for me. Crispi or Kenetrek perhaps