Why shouldn’t I get the Trijicon TenMile?

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty set on the trijicon tenmile 3x18x44. I want to hear why I shouldn’t get this. This is what I want for a scope:
-FFP
-More than 16 power and less than 22
-lighter weight
-less than 1500$
-30mm tube
-good class and reticle
-MOA

I have seen the drop test and it has preformed good so far. Seems like you are getting a good scope for the value. Would love to hear any other suggestions in these parameters(I am open to others but I think these would suit me best)Thanks!

I thinks they are great scopes and you can find them prices right on sale. If you are ok with the weight. Go for it.

Hthunter

FNG
I liked everything about the scope but the length was kinda funky on a compact rifle. Would probably be fine on a longer barreled rifle than I had. I know it’s kinda nit picky but it drove me crazy. I replaced it with a NX8. Just made a better package for what I was after. Have thought about another one though.

Shaun2390

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Tenmile HX 3-18. Can’t complain about it any. Turrets are more positive than the shv and eurooptic.com has some great deals on the trijicons right now for under $1000

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
For me, one reason would be 18 power in a hunting scope. I’ve killed big game animals over 1,000 yards and small game animals more than twice that. Never needed more than 14 power for any of them.
Thanks for the idea. What’s your recommendation?

Marshfly

WKR
Love my Tenmile 3-18x44. Hits the right balance of features and weight for the price. Zero regrets.

Max power is a very personal thing. Some shoot better with higher power. Some don’t. What someone else can do at distance with a particular power scope is of zero concern of anyone else IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Tenmile 3-18x44. Hits the right balance of features and weight for the price. Zero regrets.

Max power is a very personal thing. Some shoot better with higher power. Some don’t. What someone else can do at distance with a particular power scope is of zero concern of anyone else IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what I was thinking that’s for the info!

TheViking

WKR
I had the TenMile HX and swapped it for the NF SHV F1.

Pros and cons to both.

NF is heavier, by quite a bit.

NF has a 50mm bell, which is noticeable over the 44mm, for me at least.

After that there’s a lot of personal preference. Reticles are different. Upper end zoom is different. Zero stops are different.

Both are excellent scopes. Glass is comparable. Durability is probably a draw.

I’m pretty happy with my SHV, but I wouldn’t mind if it went on a diet and shaved 6-8oz off.

You can’t go wrong either way.

i got two of the 4x24 tenmiles on sale from eurooptic. very happy. I like more mag on the upper end. just feel more confident. if it's under 300 i just shoot on 12 power and halve what i need to dial.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
I had the TenMile HX and swapped it for the NF SHV F1.

Pros and cons to both.

NF is heavier, by quite a bit.

NF has a 50mm bell, which is noticeable over the 44mm, for me at least.

After that there’s a lot of personal preference. Reticles are different. Upper end zoom is different. Zero stops are different.

Both are excellent scopes. Glass is comparable. Durability is probably a draw.

I’m pretty happy with my SHV, but I wouldn’t mind if it went on a diet and shaved 6-8oz off.

You can’t go wrong either way.
Yeah if the NF was the same weight I probably would do that

PlanoDano

FNG
I like the SHV MIL-R or even the MOAR for hunting. I am not a fan of tree style reticles for hunting. That is strictly personal though,

Macintosh

WKR
For my eyes the tenmile is significantly better glass than an shv, important to me in poor light. My only complaint with the tenmile is I dont personally care for the reticle, or I might own one.