Why park at fuel/gas pumps?

Try to fill up at 3:45am on my way to work when nobody is at the pumps. Seems like during the daytime half the cars at the pumps have nobody nearby, all inside shopping.

bsnedeker

WKR
You guys are giving them way too much credit. They have no idea what diesel is and that it isn’t at all the pumps. Most people don’t have a clue about anything that isn’t theirs.

Inconsiderate for blocking pumps yes, but don’t think they know the difference
This.

Most people are the most important person in the world in their own minds so they do whatever makes their lives the easiest, regardless of how it impacts other, less important people.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Jauwater

WKR
Yea, that stuff drives me nuts. See it all the time around here.

I also hate when people pull up with music thumping, park, leave the car running with the music thumping while they shop inside. Drives me nuts.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

I was in a smaller rural town in New Mexico several years back desperately looking for a diesel pump. Finally found an older than my liking gas station that had one out front. Gas on one side of it diesel on the other. I am almost empty. While the pump is slowly doing its thing this 60+ year old ”Karen” walks up on me out of no where and starts giving me the business for filling up at that pump. At first I am completely caught off guard as to why or how I have inconvenienced her and am not following what she is so pissed about. I turn and look back and I guess her husband told her to come chew my butt for blocking the only pump he could get his hoopty GAS powered van into that was pulling a POS trailer. And then the light went off in my head and it was my turn….. I think it’s the only time I have ever yelled at an elderly woman. I unleashed on her. “Grandma, I am pumping diesel”…… swe any other &$#@ diesel pumps beside the one I am using?” Lots more was said but I won’t post it I simply had had enough. Took my sweet time, followed both her and her husband inside at this point and continued my prior “conversation” and questioned his manhood to have his wife come at me like that. Not of proud of it but the audacity of some people what simply don’t have a clue.

I wish they would make diesel only pumps and not the combined gas/diesel pumps. 90% of people are clueless when it comes to leaving that diesel pump open for someone that needs it And have no clue there 4-5 gas pumps for every diesel pump at some of my stops.

OP
Billy Goat
You guys are giving them way too much credit. They have no idea what diesel is and that it isn’t at all the pumps. Most people don’t have a clue about anything that isn’t theirs.

Thing is, I ain't talking about occupying something while you are using it. I get the pull up to a pump with 3 handles, it could be corn fuel, no corn, diesel, Def, whatever. We have pull upto pumps that pump off road diesel. Use what you need.

What I don't get is pulling up to a pump to park, cause you don't have some outlined spot otherwise.

It's like pulling up to lowes/menards/home depot in the loading area and parking.

It's loading chit you brought out area, not park there while you look at a table saw.

I always take the opportunity to block gas pumps with my truck when I'm fueling. Fight fire with fire....:LOL::LOL:

pirateflag.gif

ChrisA

WKR
Absolutely despise people leaving their rig at the pump while going in to shop, have some f-ing courtesy. Don't care for the stupid pumps with TVs either, it's really come down to trying to advertise to you when you're held captive at the pump? I mute and cuss it and hope nobody is listening.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
For years I had a motto that "people are stupid", and that has held true for decades. But now they are not only stupid, but they also are about as inconsiderate as they can be. But that shouldn't be a big surprise there, that was prophesied a couple millennia ago for the way people will be in the end times.

The new thing that I've experienced in the last couple months is people getting offended that I pass them on the highway. I've had them come unglued a few times over the past couple months. If you don't want to be passed, then drive faster to begin with.......not when I pull along side you. SMH

IdahoElk

WKR
I haven't been able to figure it out, for some reason people will tend to park at a fuel pump where I get fuel. If the spots in front of the store are taken, they just pull up and park at high flow diesel pumps. Always out of state, this time Georgia.

Anyone understand why? Twice I have said something to people, just alerting them to the fact it's a diesel pump, assuming minivans don't use it.

The response both times has been tge parking is full......

It's a huge parking area.

This common other places?
This is a huge pet peeve of mine, yesterday I go to get gas and 5 out of 6 cars parked are not getting gas, plenty of parking near by, people are fu%king lazy and self centered.

bpietila

FNG

As a young driver I got an earful for using a diesel pump when there were 6 other pumps with regular. I had never considered what other fuel was at the pump besides the one that I needed.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
For years I had a motto that "people are stupid", and that has held true for decades. But now they are not only stupid, but they also are about as inconsiderate as they can be. But that shouldn't be a big surprise there, that was prophesied a couple millennia ago for the way people will be in the end times.

The new thing that I've experienced in the last couple months is people getting offended that I pass them on the highway. I've had them come unglued a few times over the past couple months. If you don't want to be passed, then drive faster to begin with.......not when I pull along side you. SMH
Yeah, I've never understood why people get bent out of shape when they get passed. Old girlfiend's roommate said something about "I'm going fast enough" while holding up traffic in the left lane on the interstate. I explained it to her but it probably didn't take.

A few years ago I passed a guy doing 45 in a 50. As soon as he realized I was passing him he put it to the firewall but it was too late. I was already by him. He was riding my bumper so close I couldn't see the headlights of his H2 Hummer. I hit my brakes so hard the anti-lock kicked in. If he had any sort of open drink in there it probably ended up in the floor. And if he had a woman in there......well I bet he got an ear full!

Fires me right up when some idiot with a gas burner is sitting at the only pump with diesel when EVERY other gas pump is wide open.

I'll likely never buy another diesel again, the above being just one of the reasons.

I haven't been able to figure it out, for some reason people will tend to park at a fuel pump where I get fuel. If the spots in front of the store are taken, they just pull up and park at high flow diesel pumps. Always out of state, this time Georgia.

Anyone understand why? Twice I have said something to people, just alerting them to the fact it's a diesel pump, assuming minivans don't use it.

The response both times has been tge parking is full......

It's a huge parking area.

This common other places?
better than parking in handicap parking?

TSAMP

WKR
Alright in the spirit of dialouge. I don't have a "my gas station". I pass probably 8 on my 6 mile drive to work. If one looks busy I'll move onto the next. Most places diesel is the minority and yes someone may or may not choose the only one with it when another is open. You never know what the station looked like when they pulled up, and let's be honest nobody is taking 30 minutes inside a gas station. If your on fumes that's on you. Plan better.

I'm the guy who will pull to the wrong side and pull the pump to the far side to get gas. In and out.

Now if you guys wanna harp on boat ramp etiquette I'm all aboard.