Why park at fuel/gas pumps?

I haven't been able to figure it out, for some reason people will tend to park at a fuel pump where I get fuel. If the spots in front of the store are taken, they just pull up and park at high flow diesel pumps. Always out of state, this time Georgia.

Anyone understand why? Twice I have said something to people, just alerting them to the fact it's a diesel pump, assuming minivans don't use it.

The response both times has been tge parking is full......

It's a huge parking area.

This common other places?

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
Big pet peeve of mine. I've been known to park directly in front of them, just for the satisfaction of watching them back up and wind around the pumps. But only if it's a college kid's car or an upmarket one.

If it's an elder person, I rediscover my patience.

Bear_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Huge pet peeve. One guy left his van running while I saw him inside ordering subway. I was so tempted to hop in and move it into a parking spot.

SonnyDay

WKR
The tools who leave their vehicle at the pump and go in and shop for hot dogs and pork rinds for 30 minutes drive me nuts....

Let's add those inconsiderate aholes that block the non ethanol gas pump as well...my station has 2 out of 14 pumps that have non ethanol gas...I will go there to get non ethanol gas and the other 12 pumps empty some midsized compact putting regular gas and blocking the non ethanol pump.....smh

Travis907

WKR
Inconsiderate, lazy people who don’t care about anyone but themselves and if it doesn’t affect them then they don’t care! I only wish a couple people would block them in for a few minutes and see how they respond!

KurtR

WKR
It seems people where I live now all think that is normal drives me insane. It’s mostly all people from the little town I live in. I grew up on east side of the state and no one does that my dad would have kicked my ass if he seen me do that

WCB

WKR
you mean like the to young "ladies" last night that were parked sort of in between the only two pumps I could get to with a 16ft trailer on? They were inside when I arrived...so I waited 3 or 4 minutes and no one came out. So I simply swung around them and basically boxed them in between my trailer and the pumps. I pumped my gas, went in grabbed a quick treat for my daughters and a drink for myself, Paid, and as I was getting in my truck heard..."you need to move your truck so I can get out". HAHAHA...it was then I noticed my front window needed to be washed.

Some people.....

svivian

WKR
Adding in jack wagons who use the trailer/rv car wash bays with their prius when the other bays are open and you have a 40ft trailer