Why Match/Target Bullets For Hunting

Conrad

Lil-Rokslider
You ga e detail to jacket thickness on ELDX vs ELDM. They are both tipped bullets….

I was just curious if you had sectioned a bullet like a 130 “OTM” as Berger markets/calls it vs an elite hunter bullet. I realize they are both open tipped. I have not shot anything with Elite Hunters so I was curious if they open a little faster than some of Berger’s other bullets.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
You ga e detail to jacket thickness on ELDX vs ELDM. They are both tipped bullets….

I was just curious if you had sectioned a bullet like a 130 “OTM” as Berger markets/calls it vs an elite hunter bullet. I realize they are both open tipped. I have not shot anything with Elite Hunters so I was curious if they open a little faster than some of Berger’s other bullets.

Yes they do. I’m almost positive your questions have been discussed in this thread.

Guys that like to shoot the Berger’s on Rokslide very often run a fine wire bit in the nose to improve consistency and eliminate any foreign material. This is an extra step that is avoidable with a tipped bullet like the ELDS and TMKS.

@Formidilosus convinced me to go to the 130 TMK’s for the 6.5 Creedmoor after doing some reading here. After listening to podcast 35 at least 6 times it has made me reconsider how I approach looking for a hunting bullet. Heck, I can load those 130’s in my 6.5 Grendel, and as long as I keep it above 1800fps I still get the same results!

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Well I guess my reading comprehension sucks. I was under the impression that the overwhelming majority of people on this forum preferred the 147 eld-m vs. the 143 eld-x in the 6.5's.