Why I would never buy a Tikka

SDHNTR

WKR
When I read the OP , a thought in my head was
It’s the QC manager at Christensen sitting on the toilet typing this out during a potty break, that has to be one of the most frustrating jobs in the business
The toilet at Christiansen Arms? Yes, that poor thing has to deal with a lot of $hit!

While I can appreciate tikkas for what they are, I'm not a fanboy by any means.

That said with your one example. The gun jammed therefore all tikkas are crap? Am I getting that right?:ROFLMAO: How do you get a round stuck under the bolt that cant be unstuck by pulling the mag?

I've had parts on single action Rugers fail, and S&W's that couldnt keep a screw in them. M&P's that jammed non stop, m77's that would get pissy if you ran the bolt hard and on and on and on....

They are all just parts. Sometimes parts break, and sometimes they are crap right outta the gate. Fix whatever the issue is and move on.

I do not understand the reason for threads like this, where a guy finds the need to announce to the world why he wont buy such n such.

While I can appreciate tikkas for what they are, I'm not a fanboy by any means.

That said with your one example. The gun jammed therefore all tikkas are crap? Am I getting that right?:ROFLMAO: How do you get a round stuck under the bolt that cant be unstuck by pulling the mag?

I've had parts on single action Rugers fail, and S&W's that couldnt keep a screw in them. M&P's that jammed non stop, m77's that would get pissy if you ran the bolt hard and on and on and on....

They are all just parts. Sometimes parts break, and sometimes they are crap right outta the gate. Fix whatever the issue is and move on.

I do not understand the reason for threads like this, where a guy finds the need to announce to the world why he wont buy such n such.

In the OPs defense, he only started this thread to keep his bergara and Christensen thread from becoming a tikka thread. He didn’t have to, he did it because people wanted to hear it from him.

Cool story. Any rifle can fail. You pay your money and you take your chances. Tikkas generally have a good rep for being solid and accurate out of the box for a very reasonable price. Based on my sample of one, that has been my experience.

Sorry for the OP's trouble. What production rifles do you prefer?

amassi

WKR
I put the fall on Tikka because my rifle dissapeared. No matter the age it hurts to just lose a rifle, but at 18 when you save your little coin to buy a rifle and it gets swallowed into the abyss it really hurt

You should have leaned on the dealer to replace it. They should have shipped it insured and they should have dealt with the cost of replacing it( if it was insured for more than his cost he would have made a few bucks) You got swindled into buying 1 rifle twice, even if the replacement was at cost. Sorry your gunsmith was an idiot and your dealer was a crook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cams

Lil-Rokslider
It would be nice to see a Tikka malfunction picture or video. I have a Tikka project in the works. Was this factory ammo or reloaded ammo?