Why don’t the Kowa Genesis Binos get more love?

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
The Kowa Genesis is incredible. I compared the Genesis 8.5x44 to the EL 8.5x42 and I found it difficult to tell a difference. For the price, I would probably take Kowa.
I compared the same Kowa binos to the Maven B6 10x50 and found the color of the Kowa to be better and even the ability to resolve detail seemed a bit better. Overall the Genesis seemed sharper. Oh also the depth of field was better on the Kowa.

JGRaider

WKR
"Kidney beaning" is simply an eye relief/placement issue. The Conquest HD is well known for it's terrible eyecup design which is why Zeiss will (at least they used to) send you a free pair of extended eyecups if you asked. IME this blackout "problem" is most prevalent in 8x32 class binos.

Fritz D

FNG
"Kidney beaning" is simply an eye relief/placement issue. The Conquest HD is well known for it's terrible eyecup design which is why Zeiss will (at least they used to) send you a free pair of extended eyecups if you asked. IME this blackout "problem" is most prevalent in 8x32 class binos.
Just received an SFL 8x30 and eye-placement is critical, to say the least? I like everything else but the eye placement issues are taking some getting used to?

ni7ne

FNG
Just received an SFL 8x30 and eye-placement is critical, to say the least? I like everything else but the eye placement issues are taking some getting used to?
Isn't...
objective diameter / magnification
... a rough indicator of how forgiving a given optic will be with eye placement? Exit pupil?
It's why 6x should be normalized on ultra-compact binos.
And why 8x44 and 8x50 are extra forgiving.