Why don’t the Kowa Genesis Binos get more love?

They are phenomenal. I traded for some 10.5x44s and after comparing them to some NL Pures picked up the 8x33s. Maybe my eyes are crazy, but they were every bit as good optically as the NL Pures, just had a narrower FOV. How are these not the best binos on the market considering their price point?

JGRaider

WKR
Because when using high end glass, the "best" is always subjective. For instance, I found the 8x32 UHD superior to the Genesis 8x33, and IMO the NL's stand alone as the best hunting binocular known to mankind. Ergonomics play a big factor as well. That's why I always say you've got to try 'em for yourself, as your eyeballs may see things differently than mine, and vice-versa.

OP
PredatorSlayer
Because when using high end glass, the "best" is always subjective. For instance, I found the 8x32 UHD superior to the Genesis 8x33, and IMO the NL's stand alone as the best hunting binocular known to mankind. Ergonomics play a big factor as well. That's why I always say you've got to try 'em for yourself, as your eyeballs may see things differently than mine, and vice-versa.
Interesting. I just got back from 2 weeks in Alaska moose hunting. My buddy had 10x42 UHDs and I had my 8x33 Kowas. We could both see much more detail when it came to counting points and brow tines etc in the Kowas.