Why does First Lite Customer Service suck?

OP
D

danny6172

FNG
Ever see that child that stomps his feet and throws a fit because he didn't get his way?
Man, you’re persistent. I was always told if you ignore a troll they’ll go away but I’ll bite and give you the attention you’ve been seeking. I’m starting to believe you’re either one of those hunting influencers we all love or a first lite ball gargler.

Either way, I hope the time never comes where you get screwed over by corporate USA, and if you do I’m expecting you’ll take it on the chin.

Spoonbill

WKR
Man, you’re persistent. I was always told if you ignore a troll they’ll go away but I’ll bite and give you the attention you’ve been seeking. I’m starting to believe you’re either one of those hunting influencers we all love or a first lite ball gargler.

Either way, I hope the time never comes where you get screwed over by corporate USA, and if you do I’m expecting you’ll take it on the chin.
I’m going to play devil’s advocate here.
FL sold you goods at a heavily discounted price, ie they made less money and you benefited. Then you call customer service and demand that FL give you a free hat (which required a promo code) because you did not follow the steps for a free hat.

The free hat promo was likely offered to entice people who would otherwise not spend money, to spend money.
Sure they could have given you and thousands of others free hats who didnt enter the promo code but how much money would that cost them in labor, product and shipping when they did not screw up.

Ask yourself this, would you still be happy with the products you ordered if you never saw the email?
Saying you got screwed by corporate America is hyperbolic when it was you, not the company, who didn’t enter the promo code.

The Guide

WKR

So let's say you went to dinner at the local taco place with your family. You spent $50 dollars on the ticket. When you got home, you opened the mail box and there was a coupon for a free churro with a $15 purchase but the coupon must be handed over at the time of purchase. Are you going to go back to the taco place and demand a free churro since you found this coupon after you paid for your food and left?

The issue is you didn't follow the rules for the free item irregardless of the cost. I understand being disappointed but such is life. Not every day is a winning day but every day alive is better than an eternity of death.

Jay

OP
D

danny6172

FNG
I’m going to play devil’s advocate here.
FL sold you goods at a heavily discounted price, ie they made less money and you benefited. Then you call customer service and demand that FL give you a free hat (which required a promo code) because you did not follow the steps for a free hat.

The free hat promo was likely offered to entice people who would otherwise not spend money, to spend money.
Sure they could have given you and thousands of others free hats who didnt enter the promo code but how much money would that cost them in labor, product and shipping when they did not screw up.

Ask yourself this, would you still be happy with the products you ordered if you never saw the email?
Saying you got screwed by corporate America is hyperbolic when it was you, not the company, who didn’t enter the promo code.
You must be made of money if you think a free hat will entice anyone to spend $150.
So let's say you went to dinner at the local taco place with your family. You spent $50 dollars on the ticket. When you got home, you opened the mail box and there was a coupon for a free churro with a $15 purchase but the coupon must be handed over at the time of purchase. Are you going to go back to the taco place and demand a free churro since you found this coupon after you paid for your food and left?

The issue is you didn't follow the rules for the free item irregardless of the cost. I understand being disappointed but such is life. Not every day is a winning day but every day alive is better than an eternity of death.

Jay
You live and you learn. I’m over it. I gave FL two tries to make what I think was right. I don’t think I was egregious in my request but maybe I’m delusional.

At the end of the day I’m still going to return my order, I’ll be out $20 of my own money in shipping costs and FL will never see another dollar from me ever again.

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
I went into their Idaho retail story last season while I was killing some time after a hunt, 3 uppity employees were working and not one even acknowledged my existence in the store with even a simple hello or while I looked at gear. There is much better gear one can buy anyways.

Dang I've stopped into their retail store a couple times now... all times I've had a hard time escaping the employees. All super friendly, especially the guy with the accent.

🤷‍♂️ maybe I just look friendly and talkable.

Not sure when they changed hands but I bought some stuff a couple years ago and when I got it, it didn't fit. Contacted them and they sent a return label and were really nice and helpful.
Same experience here.
I'm really surprised when people say FL isn't a great company.

Drenalin

WKR
I'm about the farthest thing from either of those as you can get. I'm just enjoying watching a guy cry about not getting a free hat, that he didnt even want.

If by "getting screwed by corporate USA" You mean not getting some lil freebie that I wasnt even interested in...Yea, I think I'll be just fine if that happens
The world exists to serve "me," and damn them all to hell when they fail to.

OP
D

danny6172

FNG
I hate to beat a dead horse but hear this.

I saw a replacement down vest on REI that I really liked and that I wanted to get since my FL order was going back. Checked my emails and saw I had a coupon for 25% off an item I hadn’t used that had expired on 11/27 and decided just for shits and giggles that I would call to see if they would honor it. Without skipping a beat, the lady I spoke to said she would happily apply the discount. The kicker is that she asked if I wanted to add a beanie to my order which I thought was really damn funny.

REI by far, is a much bigger company than FL and went above and beyond to make a customer happy. That is how customer service should work in my opinion.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

I saw a replacement down vest on REI that I really liked and that I wanted to get since my FL order was going back. Checked my emails and saw I had a coupon for 25% off an item I hadn’t used that had expired on 11/27 and decided just for shits and giggles that I would call to see if they would honor it. Without skipping a beat, the lady I spoke to said she would happily apply the discount. The kicker is that she asked if I wanted to add a beanie to my order which I thought was really damn funny.

REI by far, is a much bigger company than FL and went above and beyond to make a customer happy. That is how customer service should work in my opinion.

So companies should give free items whenever someone asks? And you believe that companies are just eating that cost in profits out of the goodness of their hearts?

OP
D

danny6172

FNG
So companies should give free items whenever someone asks? And you believe that companies are just eating that cost in profits out of the goodness of their hearts?
Yeah why not. Free items for everyone wouldn’t hurt right?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

**** that place, last time I was there, the thing behind the counter told me it's pronoun, I told it I didn't give a shit and they kicked me out... great CS....