Why do rifle hunters use Camouflage ? The few times I’ve used a rifle I never wore camo of any kind.. seems silly.

cnelk

WKR
Guys wearing camo when they go shed hunting lol

Those skittish antlers might run off :)

Reactions: FLS

AZ8

WKR
Who cares?

Guys wear athlete's jerseys at games or NASCAR races. Dude on a bike wearing the fake Tour de France yellow jersey and sponsorship spandex pants. Guys and gals wearing their Metallica/Van Halen/Journey/Eagles concert T's at a concert. Urban hikers top to bottom in REI gear.

No offense to the OP, but I don't get why people worry about stuff like this. It's their money.

Tmac

WKR
Sometimes the clothing you want only comes in camo. Keep in mind this is an industry that makes camo underwear, and people buy it…

KsRancher

WKR
I don't even own camo pants. Just wear the tan wrangler work pants. I wear a camo coat and shirt when rifle hunting because I only have 1 and it's for bow hunting also

WyoHuntr

FNG
I wear camo because I also hunt archery, turkeys, etc, in the same clothing. I focus more on the performance of the clothing. Never really felt the need to buy extra solid colored gear for the sole purpose of trying to look cooler in the eyes of people I don't give a damn about.

I’m a multi weapon hunter, it’s cheaper in the long run to buy the camo you want for bow hunting and just wear it while rifle hunting. That way I don’t have to buy camo and a solid. There are better things to worry about other than what someone wears while hunting.

IDVortex

WKR
I wear it to be like MF and try to disguise myself on private property and hide from @mtwarden

All my camo is for archery season, only reason I wear it come rifle season is I already own it. I am slowly changing out my gear, and most likely my pants will be solids,but jackets and shirts will be camo. I also buy what's on sale.

I have pictures of my brother and my son in the bushes wearing opti-fade camo. I have to look real hard to see them. I also had to look real hard to see them when I took the pictures. To me, it stands to reason if I have trouble seeing them, deer and elk will also have trouble seeing them. It’s also true that movement gives you away. And moving in bright sunlight makes it easier to see than if you stay in the shadows. If you get skylined it doesn’t matter what you’re wearing. Also, doesn’t matter what you’re wearing if you get up wind.

That being said, I’ve shot a few mule deer wearing blue jeans and a green plaid shirt. The Goodwill version of camo.