Who's all chasing antelope?

Carlin59

WKR
You're telling me! My justification a year ago, "If I have to get married, at least it should be in CO in the mountains in the fall!". The reality for the rest of my life, "There goes a prime weekend in the middle of hunting season!" Guess I will just have to up my efforts to make her a hunter ;)

IdaBull

FNG
Drew a rifle antelope tag this year, finally. 60, 60a, 61. Here in Idaho. Now I hope I don't draw in MT !

I am hunting them in South Dakota with my bow where I am stationed and then I always put in for my home state of MT for rifle tag. Now I just found out I won a guided hunt in New Mexico for this August through Championship Bowhunting. So it could be a busy year for speed goats for me if I actually draw MT.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Waiting to see if I have drawn a 'loper tag here in Montana. I truely enjoy speed goat hunting as it is a real fun hunt. I drew last year but have no illusions of drawing this year. Will find out in August when 'loper draw results are posted. How about a few replies regarding firearms and calibers used. I hunt them with my Remington XP-100R in a 260AI caliber with a hand load using Nosler 100 grain Ballistic Tips. Great load and more than capable to drop a speed goat as long as I do my part. MTG

topher89

WKR
I have a new to me Ruger M77 in 257 Roberts. I just sighted in some 100gr Ballistic Tips and am even more excited for 'lope season. I am also excited for deer season!

ChadS

Lil-Rokslider
I won a guided hunt on some private ground right by my house so I will be after em starting August 15. I'm looking forward to it

Clarktar

WKR
My wife and I drew 380-20 this year in MT. We have never hunted Antelopes. Ought to be fun learning the ropes of the lopes!

OP
HunterHawk
Opening day of pronghorn and I'm stuck in CA for a wedding!! Anyone see much yesterday or anyone heading out tomorrow? Or by the time most of you see this... Today

WestNE

WKR
I drew a Nebraska rifle tag this year. I have ever Antelope hunted as I grew up back east but after a couple scouting sessions I am really excited for the hunt. I am realizing that no matter how many field judging articles you read they are still a real challenge to judge on the hoof. Especially in an are that has very few slammers that you know when you see. Sorting through 11-14" animals is tough...
Nick

Jon Boy

WKR
Finally had two days of R&R to chase some lopes. Put on a few stalks and I think Ive only got under 150 yards 1 time haha the hunt continues!