Power banks

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
I have the first gen of the Anker 26800. It charged my phone and my InReach a few times over 9 days and I didn't worry about running out of power. I know some people have an axe to grind with Anker but mine has been fail safe for a decade. Used it in Peru, Idaho, Hawaii, WV, and VA. Its in my daypack and I rarely have to charge it.

Little surprised you haven’t used it in Arizona

GoatPackr

WKR
I've got a good supply of Milwaukee power tool batteries. I'm going to experiment with a USB adapter. 9 or 12 AH should run camp for a while and they are extremely durable.

My $0.02

- I bought a dark energy a few years ago. Works fine. Tough as hell. Relatively heavy.
- I have a few ankers. Have never had one fail on me but a buddy did on a trip.

If I were lucky enough to be in the field a LOT - guide, military, dream hunter - I think the ruggedness of the dark energy would be worth the weight and cost. For me - 10 days a year or so in the woods - my ankers ride in my pack in a ziplock and get set up to charge my gear usually at night or in camp. The added weight and armor costs don’t make sense.

Having seen a battery pack and a couple of plugs fail in the field, I prefer and use 2x 10k packs on long trips so I have some redundancy. I think the wires are a failure point so do like integrated plugs in case you can borrow one from a buddy or grab one at a gas station.

FWIW I wish there was a way to test these things. Right now, I just write the year I bought it on the outside in sharpie and I semi retire them when they start to give me a bad feeling.

colic

FNG
I just picked up a Nitecore NB10000 Gen 3 Ultra-Slim and a headlamp to try out. Anyone tried the Nitecore Carbon Battery 6K USB-C 6000mAh Power Bank? I almost bought it for day hunts, but figured the NB10000 was more versatile.
You'll love the nb10000. I've had mine for years now and it's solid. Super low profile, holds tons of charge, and it's crazy lightweight. I have no reason to even consider the carbon 6k battery, or any other power bank for deep woods hunting/camping at this point..