Who "mansacpes " Before a backpack hunt?

twall13

WKR
Reviving this thread so early in the year?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Pretty hilarious, guess it was time I read this.

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
So, I know people who swore by shaving to prevent chafing in some harsh conditions, given that they would bic their junk in the communal showers, I know they were not full of bull turds. However, I do not recommend doing so, from hard earned personal experience.

We grow hair in those areas to reduce friction. Further, hair in those areas likely reduces bacteria. I'm not aware of data for pits/groin, but men with beards have been shown to have less bacteria on their face then those who are clean shaven. Given the antibacterial properties of lanolin, it makes sense that our own oils would be antibacterial as well.

Randle

WKR
Anyone notice he (Aron) has not bragged about since?
Some lessons learned the hard way

Last edited:
I can tell you that I look like a 10 year old boy when I go...full on manscape!

Anyone else?
Lol, saw this thread and just laughed…however I have to admit I’m with you 100% for sweat and chaffing! I just make sure I have some of that “Shower to Shower” powder I non-scented. It can help ease the transfer to less or bare depending on your preference lol.

FlyGuy

WKR
I’ve learned that it’s best to do the initial shave about 3 weeks before my hunt to give my skin time to adjust. Clothes feel strange for a few days. A few years ago I waited until just before my hunt and I don’t recommend it. The pack straps and even the synthetic shirts were very, very uncomfortable and irritating. It was a warm hunt and I fought chafing and razor burn for about 5 days. But if I do it early, with maybe a touch up ~ a week before my hunt, I don’t seem to have any issues at all. I do think it helps reduce the funk on 10-14 day hunts with 2 sets of clothes and only wet wipe baths.

PS, I haven’t ever been able to bring myself to shave my arm pits or my legs below the knees. That would feel to me about like wearing nail polish. It’s a line a haven’t crossed.