Who else is a Tikka convert?

There are two factory tapped holes with screws in the ember stock and the regular t3x stocks. One on the end of the stock and another closer to the action screw. The rules state that items can be added as long as you’re using factory mounting points and not permanently altering the rifle. Based on my interpretation with no experience going through an NRL match, it’s good to go.
View attachment 630684
That is awesome. Thanks for the followup!

KU_Geo

WKR
Think I am up to 6 or 7. First one I bought was a stainless T3 lite in 270 for $300 brand new at Sports Authority in Denver. That gun has been in several stocks but rides in a T3x takeoff stock and has killed easily 20 big game animals. Only non tikka big game rifles I have now are nice classic wood stocked kimbers and collectible Winchester 70s.

nomad14

FNG
First gun I bought was a Tikka T3 I keep looking at the Fierce Carbon Rogue but the customer service and occasional lemon leans me to just getting a t3x and a prefit carbon barrel and replacing the stock with a xlr magnesium or mdt hunt chassis. They aren't fancy but just plain shoot at a very affordable cost.

Harvey_NW

WKR
That’s a hell of a deal then! I might have to look into getting one of their cards.
Save your points long enough and they're free.

I'm a convert. I've had 3 customs in the classic Rem 700/BDL configuration, and every one of them had feeding issues and I never could get them tuned in perfectly. As much as I liked the concept, the Tikkas just feed like butter and the flush mag doesn't bother me. They're functionally reliable and efficient. And the aftermarket support is damn near par with 700 anymore.

gerry35

WKR
Have had 4 still have 3 of them all lefties.

First one was a T3 Lite stainless 6.5x55 that I stupidly sold, wish I would have kept it. Probably around 10 years ago I traded a 375 Ruger for a T3 Lite in 6.5x55 for my wife and it's been an amazing rifle.

Bought a Lite stainless T3 260 Rem for myself eventually and it's a favorite for deer. Very accurate too. Modified the bolt stop easily and went to the M+ magazine

Just a few months ago I had a T3x rebarreled to 6.8 Western that so far is shooting well. need to start reloading for it soon. The T3x is perfect for the 6.8 Western since you have lots of room in the magazine to load out bullets using the 6.5 PRC magazine.

Sled

WKR
I sold all my 700s and clones years ago. Best rifle related decision I've made. I have mostly tikkas now with a few customs built on the t3 action.

wyosam

WKR
Other than a model seven I’ve had forever (and a few sentimental safe queens), I shoot all tikkas now. My primary hunting rifle (280ai), another identical to the first that wears a variety of barrels(6.5cm, 243, 7-08ai, and a carbon 6.5-284 barrel like the 280) another that’s in a heavier stock, with a big scope that is typically in 6 Dasher, though I have a heavy 6.5-284 barrel that gets time on that one, too. Also have a T1x. Other than the one carbon barrel that gets switched, I don’t pull the stock or optic to switch between barrels. Making that list reminds me, it’s time for my annual Black Friday new barrel to play with. Thinking either. 35 Whelen or maybe 338 federal, depending on how short I decide I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leomort

FNG
Only a recent convert to Tikka, last December actually. Bought a left handed 223rem 24" barrel 1:8 twist CTR model. Mainly due to the CTR mag being able to handle longer bullet seating such as the 75gr eld match bullets. After hanging out on RS forums, I wonder if I should have gotten the 20" barrel, lol!

I still love my left handed 22lr CZ rifle though.

Preston

Lil-Rokslider
Tikka, Tikka Tikka, all about Tikkas, I will stick with my Remingtons and Rugers

OP
S
Picked up the two new ones last night. Just need to order some rings and add scopes! Looking forward to shooting them.
View attachment 633333
Nice! If you haven't tried the UM Tikka rings, they're nice. Although with my 18" 6.5 CM, shooting factory 140 eldm and a 100 yard zero, I ran out of elevation at 13-ish mils with the 4-16 atacr a few weeks ago when attempting to hit a rock at 1200 yards. Wish they had a bit of cant to them but for all practical purposes they're awesome!

pucmw11

FNG
There are lots of nicer rifles out there, had/built several that were nicer. At my current stage of shooting and other life commitments, the tikkas fit the void nicely. I don't feel that bad about scratching up a $1k rifle as I did some of my $4k+ builds w/o optics or cans.

Its a start! How many are you sitting on?

I am deep in the research game for the next rifle and have been comparing EVERYTHING non-custom (and a few custom options) to the Tikka T3X and struggling to find anything that competes well. What are you finding that you like enough to be okay with a less-than-tikka quality action? The Bergara Squared Crest is close...quite nice. The Waypoint 2020 is close but action is less nice. Sig cross is cool, but action is not even close. Christenson MPR? Solid option maybe. Sako S20...well by God, the action is great but the stock just feels wonky to me. Fierce actions leave a bit to be desired. Browning/Weatherby actions need not apply at all.

Aside from something like a $4500 Alamo Precision Tomahawk...or MAYBE the Bergara Squared Crest, Bergara MG Lite, or Bergara Premier Divide...I am not genuinely finding anything worth spending more on. Especially with the ability to dump the tikka into a better stock (if wanted) and the ability to slap a Proof carbon prefit on it.

What other stellar options are you finding?

pucmw11

FNG
Nice! If you haven't tried the UM Tikka rings, they're nice. Although with my 18" 6.5 CM, shooting factory 140 eldm and a 100 yard zero, I ran out of elevation at 13-ish mils with the 4-16 atacr a few weeks ago when attempting to hit a rock at 1200 yards. Wish they had a bit of cant to them but for all practical purposes they're awesome!

Yeahhhhh if they wanted to add a 20moa cant option...phew! They could just own the market entirely on Tikka rings.

pucmw11

FNG
First gun I bought was a Tikka T3 I keep looking at the Fierce Carbon Rogue but the customer service and occasional lemon leans me to just getting a t3x and a prefit carbon barrel and replacing the stock with a xlr magnesium or mdt hunt chassis. They aren't fancy but just plain shoot at a very affordable cost.
100% agreed. Tossed up the Bergara MG Lite or Divide, maybe even a waypoint 2020 or sig cross...but there is something to be said about a nice action and a reliable rifle. Will be picking up a t3x roughtech ember in 6.5 next week and joining the club. With proof prefits and the XLR/MDT/Manners options...seems like a no brainer. I'd rather upgrade the accessories at some point, rather than put lipstick on a pig by going with another option.