Whitetail pack

What’s some recommendations for a pack for a Midwest hunter that mainly hunts whitetail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kuiu Venture 2300 is pretty nice. I think I’d like to get a better look at the mystery ranch pop up 38 (or 28) as well.

md126

WKR
Sitka if you’re not carrying a stand/sticks. I love my old Flash 20

EXO if you need to carry anything significant or want a “do it all” pack. Extremely versatile

Dries

WKR
I have and use the Kifaru 357 mag and it does the job very well. Their Shape charge also will do for a Treestand Pack.

If you want to Carry Stands or anything the 22 mag or 44 mag with a frame. Those bags have the same layout and also have a frame.

Good info.
I have and use the Kifaru 357 mag and it does the job very well. Their Shape charge also will do for a Treestand Pack.

If you want to Carry Stands or anything the 22 mag or 44 mag with a frame. Those bags have the same layout and also have a frame.

good info

I just picked up a Mystery Ranch Treehouse - the new version and really, really like it. I used my Kifaru set up last year and this new set up is so much better for being up in the tree.

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I like a smaller frame pack being a saddle hunter. I currently use a kuiu pro 2300. Layers in the bag, sticks and platform on the outside. Good adjustable features for me being 6-3. I used a eberlestock x2 and it was also good but lacked adjustable features to fit me right. I would recommend either.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I’m using an EXO this year. I saddle hunt and will carry the saddle and layers inside the back and strap the stick to the outside while sliding the platform between the bag and frame. Makes for a nice package and can cinch the bag down when in the tree reducing its profile.

I just picked up a Mystery Ranch Treehouse - the new version and really, really like it. I used my Kifaru set up last year and this new set up is so much better for being up in the tree.

I’m new to the forum so I can direct message or comment on classifieds yet. I saw your kifaru setup on there and I’m interested, but I have a few questions related to this particular topic.

Do you use your MR pack now as a stand pack (pack for once your get up in the prehung stand)?

I’m looking for something that will make packing my mobile setup (sticks and stand) easier as well as something the will be functional up in the stand. I typically hand my pack on my last climbing stick and just grab it if I need something.

Would you go with the 22mag vs like the Stryker XL? Overall size or what would be your determining factor for a mobile set up carrier?

I’m new to the forum so I can direct message or comment on classifieds yet. I saw your kifaru setup on there and I’m interested, but I have a few questions related to this particular topic.

Do you use your MR pack now as a stand pack (pack for once your get up in the prehung stand)?

I’m looking for something that will make packing my mobile setup (sticks and stand) easier as well as something the will be functional up in the stand. I typically hand my pack on my last climbing stick and just grab it if I need something.

It carry’s my platform and sticks well and then hangs in the tree so well……I love the lid that folds open and the organization built in works great while strapped to the tree

Noise is an issue with any pack - the MR treehouse is quieter than my Kifaru was - has a fuzzy fabric face that is really quiet - I just do my best to avoid as much brush as possible while walking in…..

Randle

WKR
I strapped a cheap fleece vest to my pop up 28 during achery elk season . There was still parts of the pack exposed but it helped quite a bit.

TheTone

WKR
Friend of mine has an MR treehouse that he likes for stand hunting. The newer soft version looks even better

sako75

FNG
My hunting is all walking no stand hunting so most packs are too noisy. I was thinking of making a rain cover but out of fleece material. Anyone try that if so how did it work out.