White river primers

I believe the company is located in Ohio, and relative new anyone heard of them or have any info on the primers performance, looked up the brand and they seem very reasonable in cost and fairly well stocked with different sizes.

kthomas

FNG
I think they are actually out of Arkansas.

I bought 500 LR primers to test out in my 6.5 Creedmoor hunting round (123 scenars, N150, Prime/RUAG brass).

Apparently the shooters in NZ are buying them all up, they are really popular with the F-class crowd over there. The rumors are White River is catering to this market, as they command a good price over there. So they aren't really focused on the US market.

khuber84

WKR
American primer manufacturer not selling to American market? That kinda nuts. I wonder if they acquired the Remington primer plant in Arkansas when Remington folded shop and pieced everything out a few years back. Judging by the location, sounds like it.

kthomas

FNG
American primer manufacturer not selling to American market? That kinda nuts. I wonder if they acquired the Remington primer plant in Arkansas when Remington folded shop and pieced everything out a few years back. Judging by the location, sounds like it.

You can still buy them through Republic Ammunition, but the internet rumors are that White River is going to focus on the NZ market because of the $$$.

Disappointing for sure if true.

204_ruger

FNG
Not in Remington old plant. They built a new factory. Few places in Arkansas has them. They are selling to NZ mostly.

Tahr

Lil-Rokslider
Not in Remington old plant. They built a new factory. Few places in Arkansas has them. They are selling to NZ mostly.
Yes. They are almost the only LR primers we can get here in NZ so are very grateful to have them albeit at a hefty price. I would be surprised if we are the only country getting them because we are not a very big market.
Im using them as a replacement for Federal LR and they are working just fine with the same loads. They are just a smidge larger than the Federal so require a bit more heft when priming cases. Otherwise everything is fine.

SloppyJ

WKR
They're in AR. I've don't know exactly where but if I go by the name that's the same region as wilson combat and Nighthawk. I'd like to try to get some but it's never been a good enough deal for me to jump on. I wonder if they sell locally?