While we wait…CO draw dreams

Those C tags are the hardest hunt in the state!!! I hunted those tags more days than anything else last year and didn't turn up a track...also didn't snow any.

The B's are hit and miss with who is allowing hunting each year and who isn't.
Yeah they are tough, that unit is tough. Pm if I can help.

Wheels

WKR
Should be able to draw my archery tag this year, have the entire season to hunt if I draw.

I burned 3 pts in a 1 pt unit last year. I wanted to hunt and I did. Killed my first mule deer. Just buying a point for mule deer this year. Will probably go back to that same area in 1-2 years. It’s not a trophy area. But there are plenty of deer and shouldn’t have a problem tagging a decent 3x3 or 4x4 when I go. I’m all about going hunting and putting some meat in the freezer. Don’t feel like waiting 10-15 years to try and put a big one on the wall. Would rather shoot 3-4 OK bucks during that time.

jedi

FNG
im in for a 4th season this year. last year, a month before the season, i got an email stating i was first in line for a return tag. i turned it down due to previous plans(montana tag). hopefully that means i have a good shot at drawing this year. good luck all

Tmac

WKR
Should draw my CO 4th season MD in a “top” unit. 50% ish shot at “mid-tier” NV MD hunt earlier in Nov. Skipped MT this year so I could burn my CO and hopefully NV MD points.

Wapiti1

WKR
Spent my points on a 4th season tag last year. Back to accumulating for a 3rd season tag in the same unit. Couple of years, and I'll be back. Should have, but didn't shoot this guy. I shot a great deer, but this guy's memory wears on me. Baseball bats growing from his melon. Perhaps the larges bodied deer I've ever seen. Looked like he just ate the competition.

Jeremy

IMG_0798 Big 2X2.jpg

Put in for a deer point this year as I decided to finally use my elk points. I had 13pp going in to the draw this year. I want to go and kill a good representitative bull from a middle/upper tier unit before the wolves are in full effect.

chindits

WKR
I don’t feel like wasting another another year to get enough points for a bow tag so I’ll probably draw a non archery tag for CO muley. But since deer bore me so much, I think the only thing I can really look forward to is an otc elk tag and a 10 day backpack trip with the wife in Alaska this summer.

sambo3006

FNG
I put in with 9 NR points for a 3rd season hunt that was 100% draw with 6 NR points last year. This is the only year I'll be able to take advantage of the later season dates, and I didn't want to be on the wrong side of point creep.

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
I should draw deer with 1 pp in Unit 80/81. For elk should draw 2nd choice as well. Archery both.

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
Spent my points on a 4th season tag last year. Back to accumulating for a 3rd season tag in the same unit. Couple of years, and I'll be back. Should have, but didn't shoot this guy. I shot a great deer, but this guy's memory wears on me. Baseball bats growing from his melon. Perhaps the larges bodied deer I've ever seen. Looked like he just ate the competition.

Jeremy

View attachment 409201

I can maybe tell zooming in; was he a 2x2?

I should draw my version of a trophy tag this year, and I think I would have a hard time turning him down. He would probably be a buck I would put my rifle in the truck and take off my orange (so no other hunters see me) to watch for a few days to see if he does anything cool like ram smash an elk or pin a cougar.

Wapiti1

WKR
I can maybe tell zooming in; was he a 2x2?

I should draw my version of a trophy tag this year, and I think I would have a hard time turning him down. He would probably be a buck I would put my rifle in the truck and take off my orange (so no other hunters see me) to watch for a few days to see if he does anything cool like ram smash an elk or pin a cougar.
Yep. 2X2. No eye guards, but giant bases and mass. We watched him for a couple of hours before moving on. There was a meduim 4X4 with him and he dwarfed that buck in body size.

Jeremy

Put in for Mule Deer Archery here in CO for the first time. I dont have any points or anything so we will see how it goes. At least I can go OTC elk if I dont draw. My main goal is to learn the ropes on hunting and push as hard as I can. I used to backpack a lot in BoyScouts so it will be good to get out in the woods again on that level.