Which Truck Bed Liner?

RAPTOR

WKR
I'm anal. Spray in liner and a bedrug. keeps the rust at bay while being easy on the knees, cargo, and dogs. Powerwasher takes care of blood and everything else on the bedrug.

Glass

FNG
I would say spray in liner is the best for all the same reasons others have mentioned

Do your homework, not all spray-in liners are created equal and neither are the people doing the spraying. They can age quickly.

bad_spray.jpg

You can remove a Bedrug when you wanna sell your truck and the paint underneath will be perfect (if you install the Bedrug while the paint is still nice anyway). Doesn't add weight either.

Last edited:

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
a couple of questions for the folks on here... for the spray in liners... are any of those DIY? or only if you have all the equipment of professional painter? Secondly, if going with a mat, any suggestions on where to buy it?

I have line x and like it fine. A few buddies have the bed rug and they love it. Blood, hair, hay or whatever they just spray it out.

zman

Lil-Rokslider
Got a bedrug in my 2013 silverado since 2013. Has held up great to blood, dirt, grime, etc. Hose it right out. I love it. for general truck use it is great. I could see it getting beat up if you were constantly throwing firewood or sharp tools/ construction refuse in the back but other than that its pretty sweet.

Mattyq17

FNG
a couple of questions for the folks on here... for the spray in liners... are any of those DIY? or only if you have all the equipment of professional painter? Secondly, if going with a mat, any suggestions on where to buy it?

If you want a good DIY spray in liner, check out Raptor Liner($130 on Amazon for a 4 qt kit with spray gun). I used it on the inside of my 66 bronco and it has held up very well. As mentioned earlier prep work is the key, you should be spending more time prepping than applying the liner. The application of it is really simple and fast, but bad prep will lead to a liner that will peel up quickly.

I have spray in Line-X bedliner and love it. The stuff in my last truck used to come off on people’s hands and pants.

ct1054

FNG
Definitely spray in bedliner. ArmorThane just started their Off-Road Brand of polyurea protective coatings and released some videos showing applying their product. Looks pretty cool!

tony

WKR
Went with the budget line x and a rubber mat. Guess I’ll try out the warranty if it gets tore up.

I did the bed liner in a can thing back on a 95 F150. Then it was a new idea and 1 one gallon can was no where near enough to do the job.

Attachments

• 489D32C8-508F-4446-B287-1A5CC5BE7939.jpeg
    489D32C8-508F-4446-B287-1A5CC5BE7939.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 07A9F271-CA9E-4734-84C2-55A07F76855F.jpeg
    07A9F271-CA9E-4734-84C2-55A07F76855F.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 31
I have the Line-x in my truck with a rubber mat on top. However my buddy just bought a truck with a bed rug and that seems really nice. Both have their own purposes. It's all in what you will use it for in the end

tony

WKR
I forgot, check with your dealer about paying cash, mine knocked off 5% for cash

Voyageur

WKR
I have had a Bed Rug over top of line-x in last two trucks running a topper. Love the Bed Rugs. Much more durable than you would expect.
This is exactly what I have in my truck and it works great.
I was dubious about the durability of the Bed Rug prior to installing it. Initially I went with just the floor and tailgate liner. After a year of use I liked it so much I got the complete liner (covers floor, sides and tailgate). If I was doing it all over I would save the expense of the Line-X spray on liner and go with just the Bed Rug for a fraction of the cost.
I have a topper on my truck that I regularly sleep in and a big plus for the Bed Rug is the insulative value it has in cold weather.
I'm a big fan of Bed Rugs.
Hope this helps.
Edit:
Just noticed the 2 year old date of origin on this thread, but decided to leave my post anyway as it might help someone researching options for their truck.