Which Trijicon scope?

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a scope for my 6mm creedmoor. Thinking about either the credo hx 2.5-15x42 or 4-16x50 as I’m leaning for a sfp scope for this rifle. Anybody have experience with both these scopes?

Rob5589

WKR
Both are great scopes. I still have the 2.5-15, sold the 4-16 only because I wanted to lower the scope and it was the 50mm vs 42mm obj.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I definitely prefer 42mm objectives for the smaller size. The rifle it’s going on has a decently high comb so it shouldn’t be a problem to get behind a 50mm, but 42 should make it feel a bit handier.
Are the reticles the same sub tensions?
Both are great scopes. I still have the 2.5-15, sold the 4-16 only because I wanted to lower the scope and it was the 50mm vs 42mm obj.

Hnthrdr

WKR
They make a mil and an moa version of the reticle, my two which are moa are the same, kind of a busy reticle, but I find it user friendly for hunting

I have the 42mm. I think that the reticle lines are a bit thin, but I have learned to live with them. I would much rather have a thicker reticle and a single good sized illuminated center dot. Still, great scope and dials dependably.

BLJ

WKR
Have both, love both
Have you compared them in low light?
The 2.5-15 I looked through seemed to be lacking from 12-15 at last light. Really surprised me.
Just curious of your thoughts compared to the 50mm objective at the same magnifications. Thank.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Have you compared them in low light?
The 2.5-15 I looked through seemed to be lacking from 12-15 at last light. Really surprised me.
Just curious of your thoughts compared to the 50mm objective at the same magnifications. Thank.
I have not compared them but I can, when I get a chance I’ll do it and get back

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a Credo HX 2.5-15x42 on the strength of the scope test. The scope is super solid and build is clearly top shelf, but optically, I’m underwhelmed relative to my standard VX5HD 3-15x44’s. The Leupold is clearly brighter and crisper. Not that the Trijicon is bad, it’s just not a VX5HD. What it gives up in optics and weight, it more than makes up for in rock solid dependability. Leupold can’t touch it there.

I just bought a Credo HX 2.5-15x42 on the strength of the scope test. The scope is super solid and build is clearly top shelf, but optically, I’m underwhelmed relative to my standard VX5HD 3-15x44’s. The Leupold is clearly brighter and crisper. Not that the Trijicon is bad, it’s just not a VX5HD. What it gives up in optics and weight, it more than makes up for in rock solid dependability. Leupold can’t touch it there.
Agreed. I had the same Leupold and I feel like the clarity and the reticle (firedoot duplex in my case) were fantastic. I feel a lot more confident with my Credo though. It seems to dial much more dependably vs. the Leupold.