Trijicon Credo® HX 2.5-15x42 user reviews requested

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the market for a new rifle and a new scope. I thought I had decided on the Leupold VX5HD, but the Rokslide Rifle Scope Field Evaluations steered me towards the Trijicon Credo® HX 2.5-15x42. It‘s a little heavier than I wanted but I will take the extra ounces for the durability and repeatability. I have two questions for the Credo HX users on here.

1) How user friendly and precise is the processing for zeroing the scope and setting the zero stop? Without the scope in front of me, the downloadable user manual makes this process seem a little finicky.

2) If you have the illuminated reticle with red MOA center dot, how do you like the reticle in different hunting scenarios? It seems busy, especially around the small center dot. I used my buddies rifle this season with a Zeiss Z4 and the illuminated 64 reticle and I ended up getting used to it because illuminating only the center cross and not crowding it seems like a better option than the Credo HX reticle.

1) it’s easy

2) it’s fine, I would prefer a firedot or just an illuminated center cross but I am not having issues with the reticle and took a very fast shot with it last weekend and it was no problem

Mine is mil fwiw but I believe the reticle is very much the same

Nbowlin

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the small dot style reticle. I have 2 of the trijicons with that reticles and havent been sad at all. The zero stop part of the scope is far less infuriating than a lot of other scopes. The scopes have fell onto concrete, dirt, and body slammed by a llama. zero has been retained throughout.

OP
DisplacedHusky

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the small dot style reticle. I have 2 of the trijicons with that reticles and havent been sad at all. The zero stop part of the scope is far less infuriating than a lot of other scopes. The scopes have fell onto concrete, dirt, and body slammed by a llama. zero has been retained throughout.
Thanks. I will keep mine away from llamas.

amassi

WKR
The reticle isn’t busy but it isn’t bold enough to shoot without illumination in shadow or low light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FLS

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’d personally say setting the zero stop could be easier (it’s the most difficult I own), but 100% doable. Zeroing outside of that is as easy as every scope.

It’s not busy in the SFP. I think it’s perfect. Love center floating dot. And IF you wanted to hold over at various zooms, they are listed in the bottom (seems like recipe for a miss to me though).

OP
DisplacedHusky

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
I’d personally say setting the zero stop could be easier (it’s the most difficult I own), but 100% doable. Zeroing outside of that is as easy as every scope.

It’s not busy in the SFP. I think it’s perfect. Love center floating dot. And IF you wanted to hold over at various zooms, they are listed in the bottom (seems like recipe for a miss to me though).
Yeah, I don’t know why SFP scopes have busy reticle with lots of hash marks. I like Leupold’s Windplex reticle.

morgaj1

WKR
1. I prefer the Trijicon Zero Stop to others.
2. The reticle looks busy, but in practice, I don't find it to be. I shot a whitetail on Saturday without illumination and never thought about the reticle.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Agree on above. I really like the scope, but the reticle is for sure very thin for timber use. I just turn the illumination on.

schmalzy

WKR
I am in the market for a new rifle and a new scope. I thought I had decided on the Leupold VX5HD, but the Rokslide Rifle Scope Field Evaluations steered me towards the Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42. It‘s a little heavier than I wanted but I will take the extra ounces for the durability and repeatability. I have two questions for the Credo HX users on here.

1) How user friendly and precise is the processing for zeroing the scope and setting the zero stop? Without the scope in front of me, the downloadable user manual makes this process seem a little finicky.

2) If you have the illuminated reticle with red MOA center dot, how do you like the reticle in different hunting scenarios? It seems busy, especially around the small center dot. I used my buddies rifle this season with a Zeiss Z4 and the illuminated 64 reticle and I ended up getting used to it because illuminating only the center cross and not crowding it seems like a better option than the Credo HX reticle.

1. Very easy wouldn’t think twice about it.

2. I personally really like the reticle. I normally only use 10x and wish hash marks corresponded but small complaint. Have made kills at 300 and at 50. Reticle was easy to find and use for both for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreeDog

FNG
1. Super easy. I had an issue with the zero stop the first time I set it, but the was 100% user error.

2. I really like the reticle after using it. I agree with @schmalzy in that I rarely use mine over 10x and wish the marks matched up there.

A couple weeks ago I shot a mule deer buck with 6 minutes of legal light left and didn't feel the need for the illumnation.

JGS8163

FNG
Excellent scope, great optics and very functional. At the price point I’d say it’s one of the best available.

Not to derail, but has anybody found lens covers for this scope that they really like? Yes. I’m one of those guys. I’m coming from Leupold scopes who have fantastic lens covers, so trying to find something similar.

btmonnat

FNG
Not to derail, but has anybody found lens covers for this scope that they really like? Yes. I’m one of those guys. I’m coming from Leupold scopes who have fantastic lens covers, so trying to find something similar.
I have switched to monstrum tactical covers and really like them, they are very quiet to open. All of my scopes now where them