Which pillow for backpacking

Sea to summit Aeros premium, thermarest air head, or thermarest compressible. Also looking at the Nemo fillo. Looking for something a little on the softer side but no overly soft as I tend to go from my back to my side. Also wanting to save weight as well. Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up this one and i couldn't be happier personally. Its huge for a backpacking pillow yet super light for its size, soft and comfortable. As soon as i laid on it i was happy with my purchase coming from a klymit x-pillow. Havent done any overnight trips with it yet but i dont see my opinion changing. I highly recommend sea to summit.
0bc39de49f61e123739d8a0b0942ef2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
I must be one of the lucky ones I suspect, but I am more than happy with my Sea to Summit Aeros Ultralight pillow at 60 grams. Mind you I have little problem sleeping so to me this is luxury

motts

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Sea to Summit Aeros Ultralight Deluxe. I had one of their Premiums, but it popped and I picked this up as a replacememnt. It doesn't have the same face fabric, but the bigger size makes it a winner; I don't seem to find it moving around as much on me as the other one did.

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a Sea to Summit Aero Premium. The internal baffles delaminated within the first couple nights using it. I returned it and replaced it with an Exped air pillow that has been going strong for three years. I toss and turn and turn frequently and am a side/front/back sleeper, so the Exped gets put through its paces.

chasewild

WKR
I have the nemo filo. THe thing is the cadillac of pillows. And I thought it was a good idea to go with the luxury, but that was dumb. It's huge, it's heavy, and I end up removing the foam pad (that sits on top of the air bag) when I hunt -- which is the whole f&cking reason I bought the thing. I'd look at the S2S mentioned above.

colonel00

WKR
If weight and space isn't critical, I like the Nemo Fillo as well. If you want the smallest and lightest then the Sea to Summit Aero are great. To me, the Aero is more like sleeping with your head on a balloon. Deflating a bit helps but it's still essentially a balloon. The Fillo, while still filled with air, is a bit less balloonish.

Eagle

WKR
I've been happy with my sea to summit as well. No idea how many nights I've got on it at this point, but it's a large enough amount that I'd vouch for it.

jhm2023

WKR
I just stuff my down jacket into a small water resistant stuff sack. Gives me a down pillow without having an additional item to purchase or carry, plus my jacket is nice and toasty when it's time to crawl out of my sleeping bag in the morning. I toss and turn a lot and it works great because I can shape it as needed.

OP
ddavis_1313
So I went to rei and tried out some pillows, torn between the sea to summit Aeros premium at 4.2 ounces or the Nemo fillo with foam coming in over 10 ounces. Both seemed nice. Nemo wasn’t quite as bouncy and didn’t move around when trying it on a pad or in a mummy bag but doesnt quite as much room for adjustment on thickness.

Decisions decisions... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my wife a Sierra Designs Animas (Skurka recommends this one), and yeah I'll def be stealing that during this season.

piercej

FNG
The Nemo Fillo is great and really comfortable but if you are looking for something a little more compact and lighter, take a look at the Sea to Summit.

Katera33

FNG
Se
The Nemo Fillo is great and really comfortable but if you are looking for something a little more compact and lighter, take a look at the Sea to Summit.
sea to summit has worked great for me!

fwafwow

WKR
Anyone try the Sea to Summit Aero *Down* Pillow? I've been planning to use a puffy in a stuff sack, but also want to plan for (a) wearing the puffy, and (b) that setup not being comfortable. As for weight, I can always choose to leave it with the truck (along w/ the Thermarest cot....)