Which one are you choosing, NL Pure 14x52 or 10x52?

Marble

WKR
I use 10x42 SLCs for my carry binos and have loved them. I just picked up a pair of 15x56 SLCs and am looking forward to using those on my tripod this season. Upgrading to glass like this is probably the single best purchase I've made. Absolutely enjoy them!

I think anything bigger than 42 may be slightly heavy in the harness, but that's just a straight guess. Probably wouldn't notice any difference.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I use 10x42 SLCs for my carry binos and have loved them. I just picked up a pair of 15x56 SLCs and am looking forward to using those on my tripod this season. Upgrading to glass like this is probably the single best purchase I've made. Absolutely enjoy them!

I think anything bigger than 42 may be slightly heavy in the harness, but that's just a straight guess. Probably wouldn't notice any difference.

The SLCs are a great bino, and I’m glad you’ve enjoyed your upgrade! It’s a very exciting one to make, so congratulations!

The new 10x52 NL is about 8 ounces heavier than the 10x42 SLC, but you probably wouldn’t notice the slight weight increase. The optical quality, brightness, and fov on these are pretty insane.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
If I was going to do it I would have to go with the 10’s. 14’s would be awesome but I’d rather have something more useful for all types of glassing, not just strictly from a tripod.

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
If I was going to do it I would have to go with the 10’s. 14’s would be awesome but I’d rather have something more useful for all types of glassing, not just strictly from a tripod.
I’d have to agree with you on that! If I could only have one it’d probably be the 10x52, but you can’t go wrong with either choice.

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I plan to buy 10x52s someday. I think it will be the ultimate low light field glass. (I.e. hunting!) Plus I own 15 SLCs which remain excellent for tripod use.
Great lineup! If you ever have any questions let us know, we’re happy to help. The 10x52’s low light performance is unbelievable, and the fov definitely makes them a top (if not THE top) choice.

Marble

WKR
The SLCs are a great bino, and I’m glad you’ve enjoyed your upgrade! It’s a very exciting one to make, so congratulations!

The new 10x52 NL is about 8 ounces heavier than the 10x42 SLC, but you probably wouldn’t notice the slight weight increase. The optical quality, brightness, and fov on these are pretty insane.
That sounds like a win to me!

I haven't had a chance to even hold any of the NL products. From everything I hear, they are awesome. Fortunately, I have everything I need. Wife too. She uses an EL. Between the SLCs and the swaro 95, I'm good.

But I would like to try some on the field. But then again... maybe I dont!

7mm-08

WKR
My 2007 10 X 42 SLC's, which were somewhat recently refurbished (to the extent SONA issued a new serial number for the unit) have been my go-to binoculars for a good number of years. I purchased a set of 12 X 50 EL's a few years ago and struggle with upgrading either binocular as my 10 X 42's are perfect all around glass for elk hunting and the 12 X 50's are excellent mule deer/wolf hunting optics. The installation of the stud on the EL's by the Outdoorsmans was a true game changer because the stability of a tripod opens up a whole other world for that glass. I can't imagine NL's of any power (and, yes, I have spent time looking through them in hunting situations as one of my hunting friends has some in 12 power, which I have had side by side with my EL's) making that much of difference for a dumbass like me to write the check to upgrade. Remember, don't give a pig a wrist watch.

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
That sounds like a win to me!

I haven't had a chance to even hold any of the NL products. From everything I hear, they are awesome. Fortunately, I have everything I need. Wife too. She uses an EL. Between the SLCs and the swaro 95, I'm good.

But I would like to try some on the field. But then again... maybe I dont!

You’re in great hands with those! I believe the NLs to be the best glass on the market and definitely makes a difference, but it’s up to the person to decide if that upgrade is worth it to them or not.

If you ever do decide you want to upgrade I’d recommend looking into our Trade In Program. You can apply the credit of older optics to a new purchase.

Trade In Program

If you’re ever in Fountain Hills, AZ come on by our showroom and you can check them all out for yourself (and look at actual mountains with them)!

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
My 2007 10 X 42 SLC's, which were somewhat recently refurbished (to the extent SONA issued a new serial number for the unit) have been my go-to binoculars for a good number of years. I purchased a set of 12 X 50 EL's a few years ago and struggle with upgrading either binocular as my 10 X 42's are perfect all around glass for elk hunting and the 12 X 50's are excellent mule deer/wolf hunting optics. The installation of the stud on the EL's by the Outdoorsmans was a true game changer because the stability of a tripod opens up a whole other world for that glass. I can't imagine NL's of any power (and, yes, I have spent time looking through them in hunting situations as one of my hunting friends has some in 12 power, which I have had side by side with my EL's) making that much of difference for a dumbass like me to write the check to upgrade. Remember, don't give a pig a wrist watch.
You have a great lineup of optics that are purpose driven! I think the ELs are truly underrated in what you get in return in terms of quality.

I used only one pair this last year to stay minimalistic, and my choice was the NL Pure 12x42. I believe it to be the best all around “one binocular to rule them all” optic. It wasn’t until the new NL 10x52s came out that I shifted my pick to those. The light gathering, fov, and crisp image is truly unbelievable and the difference is noticeable.

Like you said, with a great stud, adapter, and tripod (ours haha) you can spend all day glassing and have zero eye fatigue or neck and shoulder pain, which means you can actively look for animals for much longer.

If you ever decide you’d like to consider upgrading, Outdoorsmans has a great Trade In Program that you can trade in an older pair and apply it to a new pair to help offset some of the costs.

Trade In Program

Wishing you the best on all your hunts this upcoming season!

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking to upgrade and looking hard at the 10x42 NLs or the 10x52 NLs.
I’d recommend the 10x52s if price isn’t a factor. If price is a factor you can get the 10x42s for a hefty discount right now with us because of the Swarovski sale (they don’t have sales often). Let us know if you have any questions, we’re always happy to help!

Outdoorsmans

NuclearGrave

Lil-Rokslider
I have placed an order and hope to pickup tomorrow the 10x52s. I was going to pull the trigger on the el 8.5x42 and heard rumors of a 10x50 nl. I want the light gathering, ergos of nl, tripod of 10x52s and I think hand holding the headrest with these will be awesome combo. I have 15x56 and STC that I use mostly. This will be good addition to optic system and replace my leica.