Which E rated tire?

AlleghenyMountain

Lil-Rokslider
I have General Grabber ATXs on my F250 regular cab. I replaced the old Grabbers with about 40K on them, will put them back on in a month or so for the summer. These tires have done well for me, I don't tow but haul a lot of wood.

I have been running the Cooper STT Pro for some time now definitely is an A+ for traction a little shy on longevity but well worth it to be able to oad and go with no worries

Motown

WKR
Hate to tell you this but I had Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 2 different F250s and neither set lasted 30k. Went back to the Tokyo open county at3, been getting 40 to 45k out of them..
I also have Nitto Ridge Grapplers on a 2019 F250. Currently have 20k miles on them with around 60-70% tread left.

Motown

WKR
I am rotating them every oil change which is about every 5-6k miles and they have been wearing great so far.

PA Hunter

WKR
I run Goodyear Duratracs in the winter and Michelin Defenders in the summer. I had awful wear in all breeds of BFG’s, I won’t buy any of them again. I run Cooper ST Pros on my work truck and so far I’ve had good luck with them.
You need to rotate the BF Goodrich AT allot. I do it every oil change no problem then.

You need to rotate the BF Goodrich AT allot. I do it every oil change no problem then.
From my experience with them, they do not hold up to heavy trucks and gravel roads . I loved their performance traction wise, but I never got more than 20k miles out of a set. No uneven wear, or cupping ,just flat worn out. You can’t beat them for traction

I used to only run BFG‘s until I had two blow out on me about six or eight months apart from each other. I think I only had around 25,000 miles or so on them and they all 4 had very good tread. From then on I’ve only run 10 ply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Appointment made for tomorrow to have Toyo Open Country A/T3 installed. I decided to keep the factory 265/70/17 size. Decided against a level kit as well. I can always change down the road.

Thanks for the conversation, everyone.

Good luck with the Toyos and hopefully they work well for you.

Just brought my truck home from the shop with the 12th set of BFG e-rated ATs. In my previous 11 sets I have only had one not provide 45K+ miles. And of those 44 tires I have only had one (KNOCK ON WOOD) flat and that was last month when I drove over a long sheet metal screw with only 3/32" tread left. I suppose I could just be running on luck but with over 500K miles and no problems I just could not make myself try a different tire. Higher mileage tires are certainly available but for farm, forest, logging road, cross country highway, daily driver, wet, dry or snow they seem to be a pretty good balance for my half ton trucks and suburbans.

Moserkr

WKR
Running 35” F rated 12 ply duratracs on a 2500. Perform great off road but lousy on the road. Dont balance well on my ram, and are wearing faster than i hoped. I only expect 2 years or 30-40k off my tires. My buddy runs nitto ridge grapplers. Please report back after a bit with how the toyo worked. Should give me a better picture between both of you.

Cargun

FNG
Bfg AT, only truck tire I've never been disappointed in. Currently have them on 4 vehicles from 4Runners thru Cummins. Perform well in all situations, though probably not the best in any single category. Severe snow rated. 50k easy in my experience with even wear. Rotate every 10k religiously.

Voyageur

WKR
@Fatcamp did your tire shop have any trouble getting you a set of tires? I'm debating right now whether or not to purchase a new set (that I don't immediately need) in a preventative measure against the developing shortage.
Thanks.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
@Fatcamp did your tire shop have any trouble getting you a set of tires? I'm debating right now whether or not to purchase a new set (that I don't immediately need) in a preventative measure against the developing shortage.
Thanks.

No. They are a pretty big tire place though. Massive warehouse full of inventory. $1250 for 5, installed, aligned, and a TPMS for the spare.

We need trailer tires for our camper. I'm gonna jump before the season gets underway. As stupid as things are, I could see it being an issue.