Which cal for varmint bolt gun?

TheGDog

WKR
I'm betting you probably already have a .223 Rem bolt lying around. Take a second to give those Hornady 35gr NTX loadings a try. Box says 4000fps.

Just thinking with that high velocity, might help trajectory to not require as much holdover?

I dunno how they do at distance, but up close and personal it blew clean thru a yote I double-lunged at like 15yds when she came to a stop. Clipped a rib on the way out and the elbow on the way out, so that rib piece made a lil bit of a hole. I'd say Quarter-sized? She bled TONS and was easy to track the 25yds or so.

-=-=-

But if it's a sitch of just having the itch for a new piece of steel? Man... I dunno, right about now, if I didn't care about also running same cartridge in an AR15 platform, I'd say 22cm, or 6cm man.

waspocrew

WKR
I use a 6 Creed for most of my thermal hunting. Everything I’ve shot doesn’t seem to care for it. I’ve tossed it onto my 22 Creed and 6 ARC recently as well.

Given your parameters of Proof prefits and factory ammo, I’d recommend the 6 Creed for sure.

I run a .223 and then a 22.250 in the deeper snow. Hope to get less of a run off when ever possible.

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
6.5 creedmoor brass is spec’d at 1.920”

6.5 PRC is 2.030

Binderless mags and 130s gives a lotta room

Im looking at one vs the old 6.5 SAUM.
Will run in a Zermatt SA.