Which Bullets to use? ELD-m "Murder bullets" for everything?

Generally speaking ribs will hold their shape regardless of what’s happening inside or outside if they are not fractured.
Sure. Generally. I can watch my dog's ribs rise and fall as he lays on the floor. Obviously, a much larger, heavier animal would probably have a more pronounced effect.

Big_wals

WKR
By how much? Watch your own chest as you take the deepest breath you can, then breathe out as much as possible. It’s probably a 5% difference from fully inflated, more than normal breath, to as deflated as possible without actually dying. 10% max. A theoretical animal that actually has a four foot wide chest, is still going to be 3’7” to 3’9” when deflated.

Bowfinn

FNG
Sure. Generally. I can watch my dog's ribs rise and fall as he lays on the floor. Obviously, a much larger, heavier animal would probably have a more pronounced effect.
The rib cage normally does expand and contract with breathing, but an animal laying on the ground won’t change the rib cage dimensions significantly more than being at a full expiration.

I know the 147 eldm in the 6.5mm gets a lot of love. Wondering how the 120el or the 130eldm does on deer and elk? I’m a summing just as well but wanted to confirm before I bought some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Fairly steep reduction in BC. Fine at reasonable distances, as with any other similar projectile.

-J

I know the 147 eldm in the 6.5mm gets a lot of love. Wondering how the 120el or the 130eldm does on deer and elk? I’m a summing just as well but wanted to confirm before I bought some

If you want a 130 grain bullet try to find some sierra tmk they are one of the premier 6.5 bullets

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I can say that a 30 cal 178ELDM at 360 yards is quite effective on a pig… maybe too much on something you want to eat.

Attachments

• IMG_1965.jpeg
    IMG_1965.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1966.jpeg
    IMG_1966.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 44

Grundy53

WKR

I've used the 130 eldm on deer. It works just fine.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I worked at Sydney zoo when I was young
There were a number of rifles strategically stashed around the place with no security because when you need one you need one fast