Which broadhead are you guys using?

Mtwood24

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a quality broadhead for elk this coming fall in the 150-175grain range and looking for the good ones, and ones to stay away from. I’m leaning towards a 2 blade with bleeders. The iron wills are pretty pricey but if they are worth it, I may go that route.

Bert01

FNG
Haven’t shot anything with them yet but the Cutthroat 200’s I got were pretty easy to get stupid sharp, easy to tune and have same poi as my field points.

dlee56

WKR
I keep iron will wides and rms cutthroat 3 blades in my quiver. Hard to argue with the durability, consistency and toughness of the iron will, and the cutthroat 3 blades do some damage.
I carry both with the intention of using the cutthroat 3 blade on softer game, closer range (bears), and iron wills for longer shots and harder/ more boney animals (elk).

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
Last season I killed a deer and a black bear using an old Bear razorhead that was at least 50 years old, and another deer with a woodsman. For 2024 I spoiled myself and picked up some 3 blade cutthroats. Not sure the cutthroats are worth the price but they do seem like very good heads. I'll also be using the woodsmen, the Bears, and some old (30 years old) Magnus 2 blades.

I shot a bunch of hogs with the STOS heads in my early years. Since life switched and have Been shooting VPA for a long time and some cut throats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shamus275

FNG
Various Cutthroats in 125, 150, 200 depending on bow/tune and species hunted. Have used Bear Razorheads, Magnus Stingers, Valkyrie in the past.

OP
Mtwood24

Mtwood24

Lil-Rokslider
@nevadabugle Those day sixes look like the real deal. I’m inclined to get the 175 with the 3/4 bleeder. Would there be a reason to get the smaller bleeder instead?

lelliott8

FNG
VPA is having a sale right now. I like their 175gr 3 blade but am going to order some others to try. Daysix is an awesome company to work with but I havent used their broadhead. I dont like the screw together kind.

MattB

WKR
VPA is having a sale right now. I like their 175gr 3 blade but am going to order some others to try. Daysix is an awesome company to work with but I havent used their broadhead. I dont like the screw together kind.
Their 150 gr 3 blades are a really good head and fly surprisingly well. A compounder at our range was shooting some great groups with them at 70 yards a while back. Not a head I would have thought would shoot that well at speed and distance.

BWise5707

FNG
I’m looking for a quality broadhead for elk this coming fall in the 150-175grain range and looking for the good ones, and ones to stay away from. I’m leaning towards a 2 blade with bleeders. The iron wills are pretty pricey but if they are worth it, I may go that route.
QAD exodus have never failed me. I dont stray from what I know though. Just a solid budget broadhead....iron wills seem to be highly rated though.

ozyclint

WKR
I have a mix of no longer made Australian blackstumps, Magnus 1's, Simmons tree sharks, Grizzly single bevels and a single STOS given to me by the widow of a mate.

Those STOS are the perfect looking 2 blade. Wish they were still around.

No way I'm paying $60 for 3 BH's which seems to be the norm these days.

"The sun never sets on Zwickey broadheads". Not many can claim this.

dlee56

WKR
Apparently it needs said yet again:
Cheap broadheads can work just fine, no need to get your panties in a bunch just because some folks want to use more expensive ones.
Like I tell my friends: More animals have been killed with sticks and stone points than will ever be killed with steel heads. If you like premium highly engineered equipment then use it, if you don’t, then don’t.

Use what you like, just be competent.