Which blowup pillow ???

I use the cocoon also. The trick for me is to only put 3 or 4 puffs in it so I don't feel like Im trying to sleep on a beach ball. I don't know which model I have, but Im sure I got the one I thought would be the most comfy. The cocoon is definitely the best thing Ive tried & Im ok with it, but Ive been lookin real hard at the new one by mountain laurel designs.

I used the Exped medium non UL version and it worked ok for me. Wasn't quite tall enough. Switched to the Sea To Summit Aeros L and its way way more comfortable.

Bmcox86

WKR
Well I decided I need a pillow for my bear trip so I can actually sleep well on my hunt. Clothes with stuff sacks never work. I think I'm going with the sea to summit one tomorrow, hoping rei has them inflated so I can see the size. Anyone use the sea it summit areos?

_Nick_

WKR
I do a bit of a combined trick for my head support at night. I sleep on both my back and my side during the night.

First, I do the standard, stuff my sleeping bag stuff sack with whatever clothes/soft stuff I'm not wearing to bed. That cradles my head decently well.

But, one thing I found works really well for the added side-sleep support is to fill up my 2L platypus bottle with maybe 1.5L of water and stick it under the head portion of my Xtherm, lifting it off the ground by a few inches. This really, really helps with head support and overall comfort at night.

Having the 2L of water in my bivy when I'm not in it also helps keep it from blowing away in those 40MPH gusts.

Your mileage may vary, but it's worth a shot for anyone who is a side-sleeper and has a water bladder.

Well I decided I need a pillow for my bear trip so I can actually sleep well on my hunt. Clothes with stuff sacks never work. I think I'm going with the sea to summit one tomorrow, hoping rei has them inflated so I can see the size. Anyone use the sea it summit areos?

yep. its pretty awesome. helps to fight the numb arm that keeps a guy waking up every half hour

I do a bit of a combined trick for my head support at night. I sleep on both my back and my side during the night.

First, I do the standard, stuff my sleeping bag stuff sack with whatever clothes/soft stuff I'm not wearing to bed. That cradles my head decently well.

But, one thing I found works really well for the added side-sleep support is to fill up my 2L platypus bottle with maybe 1.5L of water and stick it under the head portion of my Xtherm, lifting it off the ground by a few inches. This really, really helps with head support and overall comfort at night.

Having the 2L of water in my bivy when I'm not in it also helps keep it from blowing away in those 40MPH gusts.

Your mileage may vary, but it's worth a shot for anyone who is a side-sleeper and has a water bladder.

last trip, i did this with a big, flat/sloped rock as were camped on a hill. used the rock to anchor my bivy and prop my head up

KMD

Banned
Camofire had a real good deal on the Klymit X-pillow the other day. @ 2 oz, picked one up to try out...

16Bore

WKR
Mountain Hardwear puffy, stuffed into its pocket. I like the idea of a flannel pouch though. Fleece would be even better. Hmmm

16Bore

WKR
On second thought, the trick might be a flannel/fleece top and something with texture to keep it from sliding around for the bottom. Probably 5 minutes on the sewing machine and $5 worth of material.

ohoopee

WKR
The thermarest packable is about 7 oz. Very comfy and doesn't slide everywhere. Probably not worth the extra weight for long hikes but nice for shorter trips.

Sea to Summit Aeros Pillow Premium, love the pillow, has a flannel feel to it . i have the large 3.7 oz but nice to have a great sleep

Trr15

WKR
I'm pretty happy with my cocoon. It's about as comfortable as an inflatable pillow could get.

Bmcox86

WKR
Got the sea to summit ares regular tonight. 2.1 oz and it's huge when inflated. It's going to be a great change to my sleep in the backcountry.