Which AR Caliber?

I have an AR in 5.56 already and picked up a couple lowers to build out. One will be a .300 blackout to use with my suppressor. Having trouble deciding on a caliber for the other lower. Here's some context:

1. Main use will be predator hunting. Calling for black bears and cats, so closer ranges.
2. Minimum .24 caliber (Washington state big game minimum)
3. Decent factory ammo availability, I don't reload
4. Already have a 6.5 CM so preferably something different than that.

Any caliber and bullet recommendations based on that info?

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
The 6mm ARC is one I've seen mentioned a few times. I was leaning towards it but only found 11 total listings of 6mm ARC on ammoseek. Is factory ammo scarcity not a concern with that caliber?

B23

WKR
Based on your criteria, as the others have already mentioned, the 6ARC is probably going to be your best option. Hornady, as they do, is supporting the 6ARC with accurate good quality ammo and if you don't reload, that's a big one for you.

There are a couple straight walls that are good up close.

-350 Legend is a pretty hard hitting round that's proven on whitetails out to 200. Necked out .223 with .357 mag bullets.
-450 Bushmaster is hard hitting straight wall that a lot of guys use for whitetails and hogs

B23

WKR
The 6mm ARC is one I've seen mentioned a few times. I was leaning towards it but only found 11 total listings of 6mm ARC on ammoseek. Is factory ammo scarcity not a concern with that caliber?
Because the 6ARC isn't super popular, at least not yet, I can't remember a time I didn't see some on the shelf at Sportsman's Warehouse. I just did a quick look online and easily found 103ELD-X $33.75 and 108 ELD-M $28.95

Weldor

WKR
The 300 Ham'r will handle bears and cats no problems. Even Elk in the right conditions.

Factory ammo would be expensive but I love my 458 socom. Any 300 grain bullet will work great for bear.

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
Because the 6ARC isn't super popular, at least not yet, I can't remember a time I didn't see some on the shelf at Sportsman's Warehouse. I just did a quick look online and easily found 103ELD-X $33.75 and 108 ELD-M $28.95
Good point, low demand round means it'll probably be available as long as Hornady keeps making em! Liking this caliber for the build more and more.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I'm building out a 6mm ARC. I went with that round because it seemed like a great option for deer and antelope in the AR platform. The barrel is supposed to be here today, anxiously waiting the UPS guy!

308. If you don’t reload, you will thank me during the next ammo crisis.

sure there are better performing calibers, but my local Wally World has 3 flavors and +30 boxes of 308 as I type. For those critters and those ranges you don’t need a long range cartridge.

TheHammer

WKR
I have a 6 arc and a 450 bushmaster. 2 totally different cartridges, but both pretty effective within their own limits. Both backed by Hornady, factory ammo hasn't been a problem.

It even use to be cheap and easy to find, still easy to find.
I believe hornady advertises their black line of ammunition for gas guns. So not only are the cartridges backed they are supported specifically to gas guns (some rigs are picky on pressure and require adjustable or tube able blocks).

Bluefish

WKR
6 arc for coyote. Want a straightwall, 350 legend. Ammo is all over the place And I expect it will continue to do so as it’s a hit is the Midwest. Downside, it’s a 250 yard cartridge. 30 cal sonic, 30 hamr, 30 subsonic, 300bo. Basically the same cartridge, just have the shoulder in a different spot to match bullet length and amount of powder needed for intended velocity.
i have a 450Bm upper and it will be going away. Built it before the 350L came out, so it was the only ar straight wall option. Doesn’t do anything special vs other rifles I own and it’s got a decent punch On both ends. now that I have a 45-70, I find it has more options for loads.